HDi Running Temps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Running Temps
Hi Guys,

Just wanted some info on the normal running temp of the HDi 2.0 engine. Mine is never going over 75 c on the dash gauge. Also takes a while to warm. What do other people get?

Want to know if I have possible sticky Thermostat syndrome!

Cheers,
Thanks given by:
Mine sits at around 75 all day long
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine and rowells are the same....wastes fuel ad it never warms up. Would be interesting to find out if a new stat did change it though....meaning they're all broken by now lol....
Thanks given by:
Mine ardly reaches 70 never mind 75.
Needs a new stat Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Same as the rest, 75 all day. On a hard drive over an extended period it does rise a bit though
Thanks given by:
Mine's the same, thought the same about the thermostat so had it changed and it's still the same.
I believe it's normal for HDi's.
Thanks given by:
the gauge uses a seperate sensor to the engine ecu
if your gauge needles have been removed the gauge will never be accurate!
my car starting fron cold raise's to 84 then drops back to 79c once the stat opens this is measured by diagnostics through the ecu.

the thermisor for the gauge is in the same package as the Ecu thermisor which is in the end of the head near the thermostat housing blue plug 3 wire
pin1 to ecu
pin2 to ecu
pin3 to gauge
Thanks given by:
If it's taking a long time to get warm it'll either be the stat or the pre-heating circuit - four glow plugs in a block on top of the gearbox, has coolant pipes connected to it. Fixing it will see a noticeable increase in mpg, especially if you're mostly doing short journeys.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-03-2013, 09:07 AM)Poodle Wrote: If it's taking a long time to get warm it'll either be the stat or the pre-heating circuit - four glow plugs in a block on top of the gearbox, has coolant pipes connected to it. Fixing it will see a noticeable increase in mpg, especially if you're mostly doing short journeys.

Is that on all hdi's?
Thanks given by:
As far as i'm aware, yeah.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: