gov mod pump but keeps revving itself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gov mod pump but keeps revving itself
hi guys need help firstly dont post anything about grammer or spelling not bothered about it just looking for help my 306 xrdt ran like shit after 100% veg the ufo was leaking etc so i brought my mates gov modded pump fitted etc and started tryed tuning it but not having non of it it dont start revving till arm is atleast quarter of the way the idle screw and cold screw are wound out all way and when i screw in fuel screw just starts revving nuts off about 5k turn it back a little it drops down again then wants to hunt when u drop off the throttle quick sometimes and the revs dont feel free ive advanced and retarded pump no diffrent what so ever timing is spot on etc.. ow and also when i turn off or it cuts out takes ages to start so i have to prime it again and away she goes no air leaks or leaks anywhere is the grenade had it from veg so its draining back in tank but it primes up nicely and solid ?? Sad AngryAngry
Thanks given by:
You need to take the throttle arm off and turn it on splines, think its clockwise yours needs moved?
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 10:24 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: You need to take the throttle arm off and turn it on splines, think its clockwise yours needs moved?

Furthermore, I found that rotating the spline to maximum rpm(anti clockwise) all the way, then putting the throttle arm on at max rev position and letting it spring back to idle, is a good way to set it up.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 10:07 PM)sparkyboi001 Wrote: need help firstly dont post anything about grammer or spelling not bothered about it

A few full stops and new lines will make it much easier for people to read and you'll get double the replies.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
can't be arsed to read it sorry . . . too difficult mate . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok so if i take off throttle arm and rotate the spline with pliers to maximum till it stops and then put the thtottle arm on at max open should srt out the delay is that right ??
Thanks given by:
There is a lot worse on this forum!
Doesn't wind me up as much as dose/does, break/brake, off/of etc etc. or when people leave the 'e' in words when they shouldn't like haveing, takeing etc that winds me up too.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2013, 10:49 AM)sparkyboi001 Wrote: ok so if i take off throttle arm and rotate the spline with pliers to maximum till it stops and then put the thtottle arm on at max open should srt out the delay is that right ??

on the spline at the top you can use a screwdriver to rotate it.

Thanks given by:
ahh thanks chris will the spline stop or will it carry on rotating ?? also so take off the spring on the arm undo the nut take off the arm. twist the spline with screw driver till maximum then put the arm back on with the nut then put the spring on is that right lol
Thanks given by:
Just turn it one spline. Hold the shaft still and rotate the arm one spline clockwise
Thanks given by:
tried it and it has like half throttle no responce then non etc.. kreps doing it itself lol its annoying
Thanks given by:
Hate to say it mate, if you can't work out what to do when you put the throttle on the wrong spline, you shouldn't really be playing with govmods etc...

I can see what this thread will end with 'my car is revving out of control and I cant turn it off, what do I do?'
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Have you messed with fuel screw? Try rotating anti clockwise a few turns?
Thanks given by:
sorted now i know what im doing raun but when some twit gives you the pump and didnt even mark the splinee its sort of ground zero to try and get it right
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car over revving Alan_205 6 1,457 13-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: willJspears