PP2000 won't connect to airbag ECU

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP2000 won't connect to airbag ECU
My PP2000 won't connect to airbag ECU on my 2001 306 1.8 16v, with side airbags. The system appears to still work as the 2 lights on to dash light up and go out after a few seconds, ie the system check. I've even swapped the airbag ECU with a spec matched one and the system still works as above, however still won't connect to Peugeot Planet. Has anyone got any suggestions on what to try?
Thanks for any help.
Thanks given by:
I've now tried this on 2 306's and it won't connect to either cars airbag ecu, and says 'a fault reading has occurred' on each cars aircon ecu. Anyone got any ideas, I'm guessing the lead and or hardware has a problem.
The lead did have a loose wire but that's fixed and correctly wired.
Thanks given by:
Did you enter the correct build code?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure I have. On the paint code sticker its 2nd to 5th digits of the 7 digit code, ie 0834181 would be build code 8341 right?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that sounds about right. Hmmm... Im out /dragonsden
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks anyway. I guess if anyone is near Oxford and want to use my pp2000 it'd be greater proof that the lead is screwed if it won't read their airbag ecu either. Or if anyone is near and willing I could do with them fault finding and/or resetting the airbag ecu's on mine.
Thanks given by:
It's a cop out, but if the light is on, I'll put money on it being the connectors under the seats becoming dodgy - just take them apart, bend the pins in a little and put back together and I'll guarantee it'll stop it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I sort of found the problem with this was. The PP2000 lead/box was at fault. I have no idea why it wouldn't read just the Airbag diagnostic line as the lead had all wires connected in the right place and used to read all ecu's fine. I now have a new PP2000 lead and setup and the airbag ecu reads fine. Ruan has a point about the connectors under the seat but no matter how many times they were disconnected and reconnected the fault wouldn't clear.
The car I was trying to diagnose had phase 1 seats put in it which will create a fault as the side airbags that were originally installed are no longer there. I tried Cully's airbag resistor trick [self built ones] and that didn't clear the 'permenant' fault. Luckily I had an identical part number airbag ECU from another 306 built within a few weeks of the car in question that wasn't factory fitted with side airbags. I then used PP2000 to clear the faults and all is now well.
The airbag resistor trick is a really good idea, but it could be worth looking out for an identical part number airbag ecu from a car that was never fitted with side airbags if your putting phase 1 seats in. Hope that helps someone.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,728 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan