my hdi de backbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my hdi de backbox
Thought id upload a couple of pics of my de backbox me and my mate made up the other day ...

Basically what we did was unbolt standard backbox... cut flange off original backbox and weld it onto a steel pipe about the same length as the backbox.. then temp fit it to see where abits its going to line up ... cut the hangars off box or if not long enough use some bar.. then mark with chalk wherabouts thell go .. weld them on and with a bit of bending should be all sorted ....weld a stainless tip in if you like and there you go .

If u ever want to go back to original exhaust ..a new one will just bolt straight on Smile

Heres some pics ..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, nice work.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It might be worth painting the pipe as it won't last long when there is salt on the roads.

Good effort though.
Thanks given by:
Looks like it could do with moving to the right a tad

Good effort though Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Its only got one hangar by the bumper at the moment until i get another one welded in to align it a bit more ... nice tight seal tho Smile ... was going to paint it but the pipe has been galvanised so wasnt too sure (got vht paint to do it with) ..

Want to cut open cat and weld it back up in next week or so .. am i gonna notice mush difference . Any upsides or downsides ? Cheers
Thanks given by:
The cat is fair restrictive too pal. I just cut open my silencer and emptied it, fairly quiet too

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Joe, how does it sound with the new pipe?
Thanks given by:
I cut out my cat and bacbox today, it's quite loud lol
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the good comments people...

Its still fairly quiet ...noticed an improvement on turbo spool up and feels a bit more free revving...

Am going to cut open and gut out the cat aswell .. how much louder are we talking exactly ? Much diff to drive ?
Thanks given by: