Anyone know anything about Renault 1.5DCI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know anything about Renault 1.5DCI
My dads having problems with his Clio, basically you have to turn it over loads for it to start. More then 30 seconds of cranking. Once it's started it sounds and seems to run fine.

He has checked the glow plugs and all are fine.

I went over to see if I could help and I found there to be air in the fuel lines. The air seemed to be getting in around the fuel filter I think. I checked the pipe from the priming bulb and that seemed bubble free, so I changed the fuel filter. Now, changing the fuel filter has helped but it still takes 15 seconds of cranking to get it started.

I've tried connecting my laptop to it through my old ELM327 up but it won't connect, but the MIL light isn't on.

I've noticed on the return from the pump when idling there is a shot of small bubbles every now and again, is this normal and what else could be causing the car to take so long to start?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can help.
Thanks given by:
IIRC these suffer like the HDI's I.e. lift pump
Thanks given by:
Thanks for reply and yeah I thought that at first but these don't have a lift pump which is why I think they have problems. The HP pump in the bay sucks fuel up from the tank.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renault Laguna 2.2 dci vento85 3 1,314 26-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Last Post: vento85
Shocked 306 like Renault sport doski 33 5,416 18-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  friends renault 5 bashbarnard 8 1,433 16-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: procta