luca pump help need

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
luca pump help need
need to know a fe things as im changing fron bosch to lucas dont ask why haha

1 i need to now where does it sit on the bracket
2 injector orders
and i have a lucas pump off a ecu controlled car is the conversiob possible? ive sorted the solonoid out already
Thanks given by:
injector orders - i don't think the lines fit the wrong way around and line up to the pump pretty flush?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 06:41 PM)AndyG Wrote: dont ask why haha

but why? Haha
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
why would you wana do that?! lmao

cant get injectors wrong way!

studs in bracket need moving thats all
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cos i know someone who can get just as much fuel passing through a lucas as people do on a bosch
Thanks given by:
Cant wait to see the replies this gets lol.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your not from Barnsley are you? Lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 11:35 PM)padge Wrote: Cant wait to see the replies this gets lol.

thell all think its a standard 306 one thats why Smile

tamper proof bolts are shit on a lucas aswell Smile
Thanks given by:
. . .:yawn: . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
oh deary me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 11:28 PM)AndyG Wrote: cos i know someone who can get just as much fuel passing through a lucas as people do on a bosch

Pahahahaa cant wait to see this then, ive looked into lucas pumps and even of there is one that fuels more or you swap internals from a bigger centrifugal pump ou cant modify the gov and make it work youll still run out of puff bout 4/4.5k

Madness if you ask me

If youve been told this its probably a guy who i had a big debate with on FB who rekons he could run full boost to 6k on a lucas hahahahaha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its a lucas pump of a merc yawn that one off FeLLA! my old mans been on spanners for 28 years
Thanks given by:
But the main question is... Can you run veg?! pahahaaa
Thanks given by:
dont need to when a get free diesel phahaha

(27-03-2013, 01:21 PM)D@wson Wrote: But the main question is... Can you run veg?! pahahaaa

answer this why carnt you run lucas on veg?
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 01:30 PM)AndyG Wrote: dont need to when a get free diesel phahaha

(27-03-2013, 01:21 PM)D@wson Wrote: But the main question is... Can you run veg?! pahahaaa

answer this why carnt you run lucas on veg?

ask your old man . .he's been on spanners 28 years . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
hahaha mr. cheese.
doesnt your old man know what you need for conversion?.......

you need lines n injectors, simples
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 02:09 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: hahaha mr. cheese.

injectors Bore Off

(27-03-2013, 02:21 PM)AndyG Wrote: [quote='sweeney1987' pid='241516' dateline='1364393366']
hahaha mr. cheese.

you dont need lucas injectors and you need a custom mounting bracket when running a merc 220 pump fella and a lot of experience and brains to get the pump timing right SIMPLES clearly you no what your talking about.
Thanks given by:
Working with "spanners" for 28 years - ask any garage about the specifics around an XUD lump, and i guarantee this forum has more knowledge.

this forum is more useful than you may thinkg
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 03:02 PM)ginge191 Wrote: this thread is HILLLARIOUS!

Working with "spanners" for 28 years - ask any garage about the specifics around an XUD lump, and i guarantee this forum has more knowledge.

its a ci diesel engine f*cking hell why do you think people buy them cos its so easy to turn the diesel up strap a bigger turbo on ect ect.. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work on one so im guessing seen as hes been a mechanic probably longer then youve been alive hell know a thing or 2 oh and its exactly same as a defender 300 engine which i work on everyday correct me if im wrong

(27-03-2013, 03:16 PM)AndyG Wrote: [quote='ginge191' pid='241538' dateline='1364396558']
this thread is HILLLARIOUS!

sorry i forgot peugeot engines work on a totally different principle to any other diesel engine i do apologise
Thanks given by:
what's a ci diesel engine? . . . . .do you mean DI? if so no it's not, it's a IDI . .Smile
Thanks given by:
if you know it all why ask for help?Itwasntme

(27-03-2013, 03:20 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: what's a ci diesel engine? . . . . .do you mean DI? if so no it's not, it's a IDI . .Smile

ci, stands for compression ignition, but all diesel engines are compression ignition so why he needs two terms beside other is beyond me Huh
Thanks given by:
compression ignition i believe this is how the engine runs.. everyone getting mad cos im not using a bosch ive found a different pump all together lovely.. ino what ill get another 11mm pump gov mod it gring lda pin like everyone else does nahhh not for me i like to try new things sorry.. will see what happens a rr day :0
Thanks given by:
As everyone says Andy, the bosch pump does tend to be the better of all the pumps to run, purely for fuel pressure, ease of tuning and reliability on alternative fuels.

personally, i'd love to see an XUD running an alternative pump; such as the mercedes lucas you mention.

i wouldn't neglect what information offer but when you snap back and tell people to "yawn off" it becomes a bit aggressive. no one's here to say whats right or wrong; i'd love for you to prove everyone wrong and stick two fingers up to everyone in honesty ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Am I allowed to Popcorn ?
Thanks given by:
wont the merc pump be off a 6 pot?
good luck getting that to run
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 03:28 PM)ginge191 Wrote: As everyone says Andy, the bosch pump does tend to be the better of all the pumps to run, purely for fuel pressure, ease of tuning and reliability on alternative fuels.

personally, i'd love to see an XUD running an alternative pump; such as the mercedes lucas you mention.

i wouldn't neglect what information offer but when you snap back and tell people to "yawn off" it becomes a bit aggressive. no one's here to say whats right or wrong; i'd love for you to prove everyone wrong and stick two fingers up to everyone in honesty ThumbsUp

This is how i see it, i hope you pull it off and prove every one wrong Wink get on with fitting it and see what its like

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 03:35 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: wont the merc pump be off a 6 pot?
good luck getting that to run

nah 4 pot
Thanks given by:
It's a fact that the Bosch rotary pump is far superior to the lucas variant, design wise. Far more robust and tuneable. Peugeot or merc lucas - is doesnt matter! It's still similar internally! You're taking off a Bosch to fit this..?

Genius.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Just to add to this; speaking to andy, the pump is already on, tuned and running at 34 psi.

A video will be online tomorrow - i for one am looking forward for someone doing something different; bosch or lucas the goal is the same. Power.
Thanks given by:
Popcorn
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by: