Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars!
It not that much hassle to change the balencer to centre less wheels. It just a pain when i have it set up for my cyclones and then have to set them up for 5 stud.

And as for the tight wheel bolts i always nip them with an air gun and then torque them up. SIMPLES
Thanks given by:
ATS aren't the best either. He balanced the vortex and they were worse so I took it back, he did them again but said they were spot on.. he put my car on ramp said I needed a treand tie rod, quoted me £102 fitted lolol!

But once he balanced them again the car was fine! Well there's a very slight bit vibration at 70 but its acceptable

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Different branches (if thats the word) will be different though.

3 years ago when i first bought my 'clones, ATS were the only place in Ipswich that could balance them well! The others either couldn't be arsed or made a mess of it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've used ats to balance mine and for tires.

My dad knows them so get the balancing for free!
Thanks given by:
Aye their usually good but I didn't appreciate him trying to tell me about my car like I hadn't a clue. I can appreciate mistakes happen but I knew it was the balancing. Luckily I've 4 ATS within 15 miles so I can't complain

Their quite pricey, for a tre and tie rod parts alone were £72

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 06:56 PM)Matt Wrote: Flol, some people have the intelligence of a post

One to talk Matt when it comes to wheel bolts whistle
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 08:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: and I watch them fit and balance the tyres as well. lol

Me to, I feel like a c*t doing it but a couple years back I went to get my tires changed over, basically bought some of the web and got a place local to get them fitted. I pulled in asked if they could do them, the one guy goes no they won't be able to fit me in then boss must have over heard said yeah we can fit you in, I thought great and the first guy went off in a huff and got started. I think it must of been the last wheel I went off to get a quick cup of tea and at the machine I heard a big bang sounded like an alloy hitting something hard. I went back to see how he was getting on an the guy had cheered up, I thought nothing off it and the next time I was on the motorway there was a bad vibration and it clicked I bet the fucker bent one of my alloys. So I went back that guy wasn't there nor the manager, got the guys there to check the wheel and as it went round on the balancer you could see the wheel had caved in a bit. The guys there said I must of hit a pot hole and said there was no way that could of happen there. I was so pissed off as Cyclones are made of cheese I had a couple buckle on me before, I'd just got the car nice and vibration free and they f*cked it up again. I was thinking of taking it further but I was told it was basically there word against mine so didn't bother.

This other time the car must of been a couple years old, I got a puncher went to an ATS the guy repaired it, was putting the tire back on and as the machine was turning to get the tire on the rim the arm thing was taking chunks out the spokes. I shouted STOP look what your doing and goes oh it was like that already, by this time the manager came over to see what was happening. I told him what had happened, the fitter was trying to get away with it but I noticed there was swarf over the wheel and I said look at that if the gouges were there before where has all that swarf come from. The manger said sorry and that they'd repair the alloy free of charge. When I went to pick up the repaired alloy the f*ckers had done it a shit gray colour! Had to wait a couple more weeks to get that sorted. f*cking muppets! Now I trust no one.
Thanks given by:
When I refurbished a old set of team dynamics for my old astra I took it to place down road for tyres fitted and balanced told them to be careful and they did really good job was impressed
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on people that mod cars not knowing what they do DeeTurbo 73 20,122 12-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Cars you really shouldn't like but do Niall 66 10,669 31-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Shouldn't this be throwback thursday bashbarnard 2 903 19-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: toseland