DERV thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DERV thoughts
(01-04-2013, 07:40 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 06:16 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-W-Peugeot...3cd05a0fd6

ARRRRGH!! One pops up and its practically on the other end of the country!

Pretty sure thats a hdi?? no good for veg Wink

I re read it and the specifications say 110 and 1997 which suggests HDi.

What am I thinking, for TD its going to be S reg at the latest isn't it!
Thanks given by:
There's a few on a T plate too...

But don't forget you'll have to change to a Bosch unless you buy a pre ~'95 one...

Edit - my bad, you're looking at 406s so they may be different.
Thanks given by:
found a 97 406 Executive on the bay of e. what are the odds of a bosch fuel pump?
Thanks given by:
97 would probably be a semi ecu bosch
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
so veg? yay or nay? hoping for a pic tomorrow. he wants >£750 for it though. seems a lot
Thanks given by:
That does sound quite alot for an old 406 tbh, it had better be flawless for that
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 05:16 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: found a 97 406 Executive on the bay of e. what are the odds of a bosch fuel pump?

All Bosch if it's a 1.9, 2.1 is Lucas. Only very early 96 cars had the same setup as a 306 so semi ecu nonsense I'm afraid.

Exec so I'm assuming leather with memory, trip/range counter etc?

If it is a 2.1, when converting to Bosch there's an issue with the tacho, need an early ecu.... I don't have a 2.1 so not looked much into it Tongue
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its a 2.1, so thats out then! If im gonna get a TD, i need a bosch, otherwise I might as well get a HDi as they are a little more fuel efficient.
Thanks given by:
dont give up on the 2.1s....some do run a bosch from factory, seems very rare though.

For max comfort a Xantia or XM is hard to beat and Xantias are super cheap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I heard XM's come with 2.1 and bosch! Looked at xantias but they all seem to be pov spec, I want luxuries!

Just for LOL's, here is the guys response this morning

"i dont think it is the bosch pump which is very very unreliable and break down it has the more reliable peugeot pump which can also run more effectively on oil and will run more smoothly than the bosch pump"
Thanks given by:
Oh dear haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I replied, saing I was looking for a Bosch for its self lubrication properties and GLWTS and I got this

"sorry you have it wrong there the bosch pump are the more unreliable ones and are the same that they put on vauxhalss ext this one is a peugeot pump not a lucas and not a bosch they dont get any lubrication thanks and good luck but there isnt any 406 executive with leather for sale and they all have the same pump "

Alarm bells are ringing more and more with every message from him, TBH, I could probabily find a 2002/2003 HDi for nearly what he is looking for!
Thanks given by:
some of the 2.1 cars are bosched so will run veg. Dont go for a citroen XM as the susepnsion starts to leak and the suspensionfluid also operates the brakes so if you run out you have no brakes.

You should be able to find a 406 in the spec you want if you look hard enough if not IIRC the 806 has good spec on some models and comes with a bosch on a 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
I cant find a Citroen with enough toys, and they look hideous (and THATS coming from a Saab owner)

Id really like a comfy DERV for winter/longer drives, I can then stash the saab in my garage over the winter then.

Ill keep looking! its taken long enough for a 406 DT to appear! Another one will be along soon no doubt!
Thanks given by:
i still think a 405 would be better than a 406. simple to work on, all the higher spec ones have a bosch and its a big comfy car. alot cheaper than a 406 too
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I think tidy 405's are getting a lot harder to come by though, most are used as workhorses and are wrecked.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2013, 09:33 PM)Ricky Wrote: I think tidy 405's are getting a lot harder to come by though, most are used as workhorses and are wrecked.

estates yes, but theres still a few saloons out there that look factory fresh Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cant find a 405 Executive atm though!! ill keep my eyes open.
Thanks given by:
Have you looked,at 605s. They have,Bosch pumps IIRC and come with 2.1 and 2.5 lumps.
Thanks given by:
Looked but cant find any, not on ebay or autotrader.

also thought, what MPG would a heavy 605 running on veg be getting? mid 30s?
Thanks given by:
Dont vauxhall use lucas pumps? On the older stuff? That man is an ass.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 10:11 AM)Tom Wrote: Dont vauxhall use lucas pumps? On the older stuff? That man is an ass.

im getting that from talking to him. Lets face it, if I won, turned up to find a lucas pump, id be walking away saying the item was not as described.

Do Peugeot even make their own branded fuel pumps?

*edit* haha he updated his ad

"you will not find one of these cars with calf leather interior for sale in the uk as there are none so this is a collectors piece so please bear this in mind when bidding,"

i'd be stupid not to buy a collectors piece wouldnt I!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd Thoughts chylledapps 15 3,567 24-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Thoughts on mk1 mx5 Jtrigga 34 11,244 18-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob