Permanent fault: exhaust air injunction pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent fault: exhaust air injunction pump
Hi guys, I got the above fault when I ran pp2000 on my 2001 1.8 16v. I got no idea what to look up, is it lambda sensor related? I'll run another check with pp2000 tomorrow but from what I've searched on the net it could be either to do with the ac pump, or the exhaust cat but like I say I dunno where to start looking. Any help or ideas would be great.

Saw this on another forum online that I'm gonna look into tomorrow, but does it make sense to anyone?

"P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
Had a problem with a 2001 306 that had the same fault code. The secondary air pump which was located on passenger side, above wheel arch liner and behind the bumper had gone open circuit.
Got one from the dealers, think it was £150. Was called an air recycling motor."

Could this also be related to a temperature sensor in the a/c ecu being short or open circuit?
Thanks given by:
sounds like your EGR valve has been disconnected
Thanks given by:
Do 1.8s have EGR valves? Didn't think they did?
Thanks given by:
Ooh this is a new one. Very few 1.8s were fitted with this unit, which is fixed behind the air intake above the gearbox. Mine never have me any trouble so I can't advise what can go wrong with them, but next time I'm on a pc I'll post some pictures up.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio and clock permanent live? Mitch 10 1,818 11-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Mitch