6x9 fitting in estates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6x9 fitting in estates
Has anyone fitted 6x9s in the tailgate of an estate? Just having a look atone and cant see how theres enough room to get them in.

Thanks in advance

Ian
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My mate chopped up the folding shelf and got rid of the first fold. Fitted 6×9s in there and kept the rest of the folds
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im wanting to replace the original speakers with 6x9s if possible im sure someone on here said they had done it, ive had a quick search but not found anything.
Thanks given by:
Iirc it involves cutting some metal?
Maybe just get stuck in and see what happens
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeh standard size is 5x7. ive looked at mine but not in great detail! You can get some decent 5x7s but i dont know how they compare to 6x9s D:
Thanks given by:
Definitely going to need cutting but i think theyre going to be too deep too.
Thanks given by:
You can get 6x9 that will shallow mount or you may be able to space them away from the body work I can't remember how much room there is between the body and the plastic panel.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
get some decent 6.5s in...they be fine if not better...6*9s aint all that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its just because ive got a set in the garage just sat there. The standards are 5x7 aswell.
Thanks given by:
5x7...well random
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeah im pretty sure thats what they are, definitely not round.
Thanks given by:
done this on mine and bros estate.
can get them in without cutting metal just have to 'move' some metal with a hammer and they fit in fine,
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
dont happen to have any pics? doesnt look to be enough depth for them to get in, did you have to space them out at all?
Thanks given by:
Why not fit them into the plastic trim with the covers on? It'd be strong enough if you have all the screws holding the trim in..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2013, 09:32 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: dont happen to have any pics? doesnt look to be enough depth for them to get in, did you have to space them out at all?

of them fitted?
and once you hammer the metal back alittle the enough room, as for depth to the boot skin there loads of room

BUT the way i have done it is with the 6x9 ontop of the plastics, not behind them, then it may be abit more of a problem.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Yeah was thinking this, already rattles though! Ill take another look tomorrow when im a bit more awake.

Cheers guys.
Thanks given by:
the standard speaker size for the estate boot lid is 5x7. Which is an odd size! But its actually the standard size of Ford door speakers! Also they are the standard size used in some of the 406 coupes!
Thanks given by: