Promotion ftw!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotion ftw!
So, my boss decided he's had enough of working and is jacking it in about 8 years early to take early retirement. Most of the office went for the promotion it seems, and yesterday they came back to me and offered me the job. So at about 11.30 yesterday morning I was like this:

[Image: quagmire.png]

Going to be group head for our department, reporting to the head of mechanical integrity/design. Can't believe it, still in a bit of a state of shock. Entering the ranks of the management already feels a bit like a secret society sorta like the stonecutters. Only downside is i think that means the HDi is going to have to go! I'll be expected to have a car for company business I think, not exactly a downside if i get an allowance like but still it'll be like losing a limb after 8 years!

Awesome start to the weekend, shame the weather is absolute shit!!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Can I have a job in a months time? Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice one... I know whatbyou mean about the secret society... im still training for assistant manager but my god the anount of tea I drink each day and we get dounuts and everythibg!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dibs on the hdi lol
Thanks given by:
The hdi is lovely as well! I might even be interested in it ninja

Congratulations on the promotion!

At the other end of the scale I spent Friday afternoon teaching the MDs son how to do my job. Hopefully that is not a sign of things to come (and fortunately he was shit at it)...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha lets wait and see what happens. Might give it to my brother or might sell it. Mechanically its good but its got a few scratches and small dents, mostly thanks to the Neighbour using it as a door stop.

Hopefully it comes with the car allowance, I fancy a benz e class.

Things might be a bit hectic in the weeks to come, how's your clutch holding up?
Thanks given by:
I too have just been promoted..... Promotion party? Wooo
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Congratulations dude!

Aw, does this mean no more trips to South Africa?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It is dependant on what unfurls in the next few months tbh. Eskom are a huge customer of ours, and are ordering a couple of hundred million quids worth of spares at the moment so there is lots of discussions taking place.

That, and given my other half is South African I get the feeling i'll be visiting Cape Town again very soon anyway. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Congrats Simon, send you pm about the knob Wink
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was browsing possible company cars on autotrader before. Not sure i'm ready for a big luxo barge at my age. I fancy something with a bit of grunt, and the big diesel saloons are all automatic - manual luxury cars seem a dying breed.

Quite like the Seat Leon FR+ Supercopa TDi in Speed Bllue
[Image: SEAT-Leon-FR-Supercopa-blue.jpg]
[Image: Seat-Leon-FR-Supercopa-2-550x366.jpg]

Only problem being the imminent launch of the new Leon, power is upped to 184 in that.

55MPG and 210BHP (mapped) sounds alright to me with cruise, xenons, heated leather seats, ac etc. Has all the things i'd be looking for.
Thanks given by:
i find having a nice lazy slowish car as a company car is great. Something nice and easy to drive long distances and that but then when you get back in the 306, its sooo much more fun!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I always feel like that when I get in the rentals. I think i'd rather have something a bit sporty, especially whilst i don't have kids to cart around. New Leon doesn't look anything special and you can't even spec it with the 184 version of the TDi yet as they're probably getting the Mk7 Golf GTD on the market for a bit first.

Can't think of anything else I like really that's modern. Not a fan of the Audis as they're expensive for what they are, as are BMW tbh.
Thanks given by:
Love it, promotion Friday selecting company car Sunday!

I like those Leon's but they are a bit 'bloated'. Hidden rear handles are a cool styling feature too. Golf is better looking though, IMO...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
golf/leon, its all the same at the end of the day
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Also 20% more expensive and doesn't look anything special. Lad at work has a grey one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up got a promotion sam 11 2,597 19-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Last Post: silverzx