blower problem!? please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blower problem!? please help
Hey guys n girls and samass

Just wondering if anyone can help ive out up with this problem since owning the car, now what happens is the control for blowers, shutoff, 1,2,3,4 is playing up its stuff and then moves somewhat, now its difficult to get the fan to stay on, as it seems like the lockout keeps cstching,

Basically il have it on like setting 3 then the vents stop blowing as much and i have to turn it all the way to lockout then slowly turn it back and sometimes it gets it right and blows really well and sometimes it can take a while getting the blower to blow out the vents, seems to be ok on foot heater and vents but if using windscreen vents seems to stop more often

Not sure how the setup works as havent had time to look at it hopeing its not a dash out jobby and theres a simple fix

Any helps appreciated guys!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There's only a few things it can be pal.

There's a lil resistor thing under the scuttle panel.. someone please come along and confirm what its called.. anyway easy to replace and do cause a lot of weird intermittent issues like your describing.
The fan motor is under the passenger foot well held in by torx iirc.
Lastly the control panel itself - requires the centre console to be stripped.

Hopefully someone will come along who's had that exact issue and pinpoint which of them is causing the issue. Mine didn't work at all when I got the car, changed the resistor, the panel, checked the motor
.. there wasn't even a motor there!!!

Hope this helps bud

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like its the control panel its self to me if its stiff exc.

Easy to replace strip the centre console to gain access then remove the plug (check this is in properly just incase) there are some cables on the control panel these just slide off if you press the tab things in (you will see what i mean) then refit a good known working one. Smile

Can you still hear it blowing but no air??? if so could be the cable as i had this on one of my old phase1s the cable had a kink in it and made it stiff to turn the dial and didn`t always open the flap to let the heat out by the blower motor.

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2013, 01:45 PM)Arron Wrote: There's only a few things it can be pal.

There's a lil resistor thing under the scuttle panel.. someone please come along and confirm what its called.. anyway easy to replace and do cause a lot of weird intermittent issues like your describing.
The fan motor is under the passenger foot well held in by torx iirc.
Lastly the control panel itself - requires the centre console to be stripped.

Hopefully someone will come along who's had that exact issue and pinpoint which of them is causing the issue. Mine didn't work at all when I got the car, changed the resistor, the panel, checked the motor
.. there wasn't even a motor there!!!

Hope this helps bud

you mean the heater resistor that went on mine?. mine only worked on setting 4. easy to see if its broken. wipers at the top, scuttle panel of the passenger side, black cover remove that and then you will see a cover remove that also and you will see it. should have 3 spring like bits on it see if any are broken
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
sweet cheers Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater blower problem Pingaz 7 2,283 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Pingaz