funniest thing thats happened at work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
funniest thing thats happened at work?
Come on guys we all have those moments at work so whats yours?

Mine has to be our mot tester, was mot'ing a chavy corsa which had a 'red top conversoin' ,called the guy who owned it over and started talking to him and wanted to no who changed the engine over, his answer was a local garage that new what they were doing, then the best bit he turned said to the corsa driver "well they didnt do a very good job did they, now you paying for the recovery truck to remove because the engine almost landed on me you little c***" and the guy walked off crying omg our whole garage was crying of laughter, it was amazing,

Turns out the top engine mount was bolted in but was soooo much rust the chassie broke and the lower one wasnt even there!

Soooo whats yours???
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh that sounds lovely! Nawt!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If there was no lower engine mount the engine would fling its self out of the engine bay as soon as you drove it mate and the drive shafts wouldn't be in one piece either
Thanks given by:
i went to look at a 306 with a v6 conversion that was similar to that corsa. one mount and what looked like cable ties holding in a v6, called the seller a lady garden and stormed off

i don't get any fun at work since the promotion, the stuff im dealing with is too important to have any spare time for pratting about like i used to Sad
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I think one of the funniest things I've seen so far in my new job is when my manager was asking about tablets, and whether or not he should get an ipad. I said I'd bring in my Nexus 7 for him to try, and he said he doesn't really need one and that he doesn't like to play games or anything like that. I brought it in the next day, started up the game 'World of Goo' and handed it to him. He spent the next half an hour kicking people out of his office when they came in, or just plain ignoring them while he was playing lol I actually had to physically take it off him.

Probably had to be there lol
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 09:07 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i went to look at a 306 with a v6 conversion that was similar to that corsa. one mount and what looked like cable ties holding in a v6, called the seller a lady garden and stormed off

i don't get any fun at work since the promotion, the stuff im dealing with is too important to have any spare time for pratting about like i used to Sad

Wasnt by any chance a ph2 diablo was it?

Bearing in mind i work on my own most of the time, i dont really get to have much fun except for winding people up. Funniest thing that happened with us was 5 of us and my boss went on a course. was only 30 miles from my house but my boss phoned me the night before telling me to come down for a few drinks and stay so i did. I was on call so i couldnt drink so i was the one that got lumbered into driving us all to the curry house. Long story short, my boss got gattered, the 7 of us racked up a £600 bill which my boss decided would be a good idea to put on the company credit card then threw up all over the table.
Oh and then went back to the hotel bar and pissed all the staff off by trying to chat up a 18 year old bar girl lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
it was a diablo phase 2 yeah, you seen the accident waiting to happen too?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
haven't really had a good laugh in work for a fuckin long time! proberly the best laugh we had, was when my mate brought in fart spray. funny hearing the customers complaining about the smell of shit in the store.
Thanks given by:
I work for the electricity board, got called out on a fault, fuse blown in the substation. Put a new one in but it wasn't right so we went for a walk to find the fault. Heard sirens in the distance and my mate said they've found it for us. Turned out they actually had, flames coming out of a manhole cover, 2 fire engines turned up to put it out Nospeak
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 09:28 PM)TheKeymeister Wrote: I work for the electricity board, got called out on a fault, fuse blown in the substation. Put a new one in but it wasn't right so we went for a walk to find the fault. Heard sirens in the distance and my mate said they've found it for us. Turned out they actually had, flames coming out of a manhole cover, 2 fire engines turned up to put it out Nospeak

Thats just reminded me of something at my old job! 4 of us went to do a survey of a nice big house. 2 of us did the topo outside whist the other 2 did the floor plans. Lunch time came and it was a nice day so we sat on the balcony (couple that lived there were out) having lunch. One of the guys doing the floor plans was leaning on the balcony wall having a fag when the couple came home. Obviously he shouldnt of been smoking in their house so threw his fag.
10 minutes later, the ivy up the front of the house was on fire. His fag had got stuck in the ivy lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
To many to remember, watching the guys over the road pick up stuff to heavy for their fork lifts and flying forward onto the ground.
Watching a guy move a pallet on the back of a tail lift for him to lose control and send a load of wood samples to the floor.
Watching my little brother drive a fork lift into the racking almost bringing the whole warehouse down.
My ex driving through the bottom of our huge front door in the fork lift.

Many more I am sure.
Thanks given by:
The lab I work in has a wind tunnel and the One Show was filming in it one day. One of the technicians forgot to anchor down a test rig and this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMNfY84Li...be&t=2m16s

If the video doesn't start from 2:16 forward to then.
Thanks given by:
So much awesome that I cannot describe on a public forum.

Playing Frisbee with a hat and breaking a water cooler and a ceiling tile in the game. We have a tannoy that can be dialed from a mobile phone (need i say more). If you can imagine it someones probably done it at my work.
Thanks given by:
Our works usually a bit of a laugh, apprentice slipped of a roof was a good one. We had a 4ft roll of veneer get delivered to us one day which was left just inside the door so I managed to just about get inside it so then one of the guys could put a small square of hardboard on the top leaving a little gap to see through and then waited for the other bloke to walk in the door, to say I made him jump is an understatement! He fell backwards out the door down the step! Ha.
Glass delivery once on an open truck, guy untied it all ready to unload until the wind blew and unloaded all 6 French door loads of glass for him.... Everywhere!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
now self employed...but funniest as a mechanic was seeing my boss (we all hate his arrogant 'I am superman' attitude with his 5foot fat twit no balls prat face)....

he was flushing out a coolant system on a headgasket failure....
engine fans kicked in and he thought that was a good time to whip the top hose off....

he was in A&E shortly after with 2nd degree burns on his face.

Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A lad on my old team used to like standing up while talking to customers, then when he had to do something on the computer during the call he'd sit down really hard and theatrically. Couldn't resist just pulling his chair away with my foot while he was stood up...

Can't do shit like that now I'm a manager Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2013, 10:16 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: A lad on my old team used to like standing up while talking to customers, then when he had to do something on the computer during the call he'd sit down really hard and theatrically. Couldn't resist just pulling his chair away with my foot while he was stood up...

Yes you can. Just when they stand up to you and start to have a go, just turn around and say "what the f*ck are you going to do about it? Complain to the manager?" then spit in his face and push him back into his chair and walk off feeling like a boss.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2013, 10:18 AM)Niall Wrote:
(23-03-2013, 10:16 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: A lad on my old team used to like standing up while talking to customers, then when he had to do something on the computer during the call he'd sit down really hard and theatrically. Couldn't resist just pulling his chair away with my foot while he was stood up...

Yes you can. Just when they stand up to you and start to have a go, just turn around and say "what the f*ck are you going to do about it? Complain to the manager?" then spit in his face and push him back into his chair and walk off feeling like a boss.

Nah, doesn't work like that sadly, or I'd do that most days.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
One of the 'creative' guys in the company is a bit annoying at times, he speaks to you in quite a condescending manner and requires to use a lot of emphasis on words to try and help you understand... All he succeeds in is waving his arms around and talking to you like you're thick.. I digress...

Basically he seems to think he's a bit above everyone else, one day he decided he was trying out some new ideas with set and got out a load of panels without asking, screwed them all together and decided that with some conservatory roofing and some wierd scrarchy plastic, shove some lights behind it and it looks a bit pshycadelic... In reality it just looks like some conservatory roofing strapped to some.wood with a plastic bag over it... Another idea we can rinse to clients for 300 quid a.day and them be impreaaed...

But he decided that he was above taking.it down and after leaving it for a week, literally abandoned, we decided to build it around his desk... To which he wasnt best pleased and then took it all back down in a huff and didnt speak to us... And then sent a very sarcastic email out... Was comedy!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Got told at another iceland store a fit girl was working on till when this bloke came and slapped his cock on till... she ran off screaming how f*cking big it was... couldbt stop laughing when manager told me
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99LYU8dVSE
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2013, 10:18 AM)Niall Wrote:

Or once youve removed the chair and hes fallen on his arse pick the chair up and throw it at him. You wouldnt believe how much they hurt when office chairs are thrown at you, they have so many sharp spiky bits.
Thanks given by:
Not incredibly funny, but I got made redundant, got a big payout and found a job within the hour, think my old work was a bit p*ssed off because they said they will be generous to me cause it will be hard finding work. But I was just lucky.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats happened to all the cheap cars!! bashbarnard 23 8,588 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  What's happened to Toms306? Silky 7 2,389 02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Silky
Big Grin So.... This happened bholten 9 4,262 17-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle