Re map question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re map question
How do I know if I have a crap map I brought the car already re mapped and it smokes when I put my foot down 80% of the time.
The cars also quick somtimes and others not any ideas or responses id really appreciate :-) (the map was done by "bentley uk")
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a shit map lol. Only way to be sure is to get it dyno'd or have someone look at the map for you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Any cheaper ways lol?? I dont wana pay loads for a dyno and no one local can do maps
Thanks given by:
There is 3 mappers on here which all do them cheap
Worth giving them a pm to get a propper map or having a look at yours
Thanks given by:
Sorry all the questions do you know which one is closest to me (trowbridge wiltshire)
Thanks given by:
Pro_steve is not too far from you, he's based in Bristol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Could the MAF be playing up causing the smoke?

You could try unplugging the MAF to see if that improve things? (only unplug it with the ignition off)

If it does improve replace the MAF with a Siemens VDO one and not a cheap ebay special as they only go wrong quickly.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 06:55 PM)dan wiltshire Wrote: Any cheaper ways lol?? I dont wana pay loads for a dyno and no one local can do maps

Just buy the tool and map it yourself.. I'm sure even if you don't have a laptop you can find someone that does.
Thanks given by:
Symptoms sound like the maf

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
yeah sounds like a fault rather than a map
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wheres the plug for maf sensor?
Thanks given by:
You'll see a plug grey behind the air filter that's it.
Thanks given by:
Ok il try that thankyou. Will this have been affecting the perfomance if it is nackerd?
Thanks given by:
Yeah when the MAF plays up the car goes sluggish. Let us know how you get on.
Thanks given by:
Just done it and my car goes like a slug with it unplugged really slows it down and engine management light comes on?
Thanks given by:
That's strange, usually it will go better or they'd be no noticeable difference. Does the light go out once plugged back in? What plate is you car on and do you know if its the three plug ECU or one?
Thanks given by:
I have a k and n cone filter (cheap crap one) if that makes a differance? When I unplugged it the engine managment light came on I plugged it back in and it was still on then I turnt the engine on and off again then the light went out. Its a 1999 hdi medran not sure on the ecu really.

When I unpluged it the engine was off and keys not in ignition
Thanks given by:
Is it a t or v reg? Some are known to do that, like mine! Mines on a v reg, poodles also does it

Any chance you can try a fellow members maf who's close by?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
T reg . Dont know anyone around that has one :-(
Thanks given by:
The oil for those filters kill MAF's. It's been proven that the standard air filter and box are better on warmer days, anyway as you don't know anyone you can borrow one off I would say talk to Steve, drop him an email. His away at the moment but his got all the skills you need to sort out your problems. Remap@hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Either get one from a scrappy or eBay. But as said Steve is Mega helpful at diag for these and all the mappers do a brill job if your thinking of another map

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Spot on thanks guys appreciate the help
Thanks given by:
If youre going to get another id recommend genuine and new myself, you dont know how long a second hamd one will last and ebay jobbies are generally poor quality. Steve has pp2k so hell be able to tell you if its knackered or not.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Steve is a legend! I had a problem with my maf, if you unplug it on a standard map, it makes it better. But if you unplug it on a custom map, it makes it much much worse.
Thanks given by: