Peugeot 406 turbo ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 406 turbo ??
Is the 110 hdi 406 turbo any different from the 306 hdi turbo ??
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure they have an intercooler and I would guess they are set up slightly different or mapped different
Thanks given by:
I mean the actual turbo unit fella :-) just wondered as they run 110 bhp wondered of its a slightly better Built turbo
Thanks given by:
Ah right sorry. I ain't sure on that but I reckon it prob be the same and as I said earlier maybe it's mapped different to get the extra 20bhp
Thanks given by:
The only difference is the intercooler and map change
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Isn't the 110 turbo controlled by the ECU and not mechanical like ours?
Thanks given by:
Cool beans I'm just looking for a Easy turbo upgrade and want something that will bolt straight on but is more worthwhile mapping the the original turbo
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 05:57 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Isn't the 110 turbo controlled by the ECU and not mechanical like ours?

I think that is the 2.2 hdi that has that
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
There is pretty much feck all that bolts straight on tbh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've touched on the subject before and got pretty much the same answer apparently some sort of van has a bolt on but can I hell find it :-( does anywhere/ anyone make adapter plates ?? As I'm really not that mechanically Inclined ??
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 07:09 AM)Jukie88 Wrote: I've touched on the subject before and got pretty much the same answer apparently some sort of van has a bolt on but can I hell find it :-( does anywhere/ anyone make adapter plates ?? As I'm really not that mechanically Inclined ??

There's nothing that bolts on AFAIK, you'll probably find your local engineering place will make adapter plates.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 06:14 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(20-03-2013, 05:57 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Isn't the 110 turbo controlled by the ECU and not mechanical like ours?

I think that is the 2.2 hdi that has that

The 2.2 has a small VNT I think, ecu controlled and not particularly strong especially after remapping to 190bhp.... They tend to last about 6 months tops before sputtering oil and dying.

The 110 I'm pretty sure has the same turbo as the 306 hdi but slight remap, not even into stage 1 territory yet with that.
Thanks given by:
The 110 has an intercooler and different mapping, I think the turbo is different, its vacuum controlled by the ECU though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
110 is solenoid controlled with vacuum vs standard wastegate on the 90.

2.2 HDI uses a VGT turbo (Different to a VNT...)
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 02:39 PM)Ruan Wrote: 110 is solenoid controlled with vacuum vs standard wastegate on the 90.

2.2 HDI uses a VGT turbo (Different to a VNT...)

I knew it'd only be a matter of time before I was corrected :-P
Thanks given by: