MOT changes - the official line

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT changes - the official line
Just because you have mounted a rollcage dosnt make it a rally car though, and surely they will see right through that....no mint 306 road car is a rally car, any competion / run car is obviously that...a road car isnt, cant see it being as simple as just mounting a roll cage and being ok? Not the mension the insruance ra*e for having a rollcage....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes but on the basis a proper cage with buckets and harnesses will render a airbag system useless if it were to go off I guess. But I'm guessing if someone had gone to the extent to fit a roll cage and buckets etc its probably not just for road use and rally car is just a example a track car, off road cars etc should be dealt with the same imo hopefully it'll be common sense but I guess that'll depend on the station as always
Thanks given by:
Technically an mot tester is meant to take your word for anything like that. If for example someone came in without any lights on their vehicle and told us that they're not necessary since they dont drive at night, then we'd just have to accept that and continue as normal, even though they could be stopped 100 yards down the road and issued with a prohibition notice... Daft isn't it lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So basically what the law is saying, is if i want a car on the road again which had an airbag to start with, ive got no choice but to puto the stock wheel back on unless i want a cage and buckets...wtf is wrong with this country...even more reason to buy an even older car that never had bags!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
What worries me is continued rumours of a universal "if it's not standard, it's a failure"...

Until i see something concrete though, i'm keeping my fingers crossed it's just that - a rumour.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle I clarified that the other day I thought? Can't remember the outer come but I thought it was essentially a misinterpretation of the new regs which had gone viral?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
poodle is correct there was a idea for them to ban all non standard parts however the chances are very very slim. If they did, this would mean people could only use original manufacturer parts, no disability aids thousands would be out of jobs and WRC cars would be no more!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I missed that Ed, but the rumours i've heard have come from people who recently attended a vosa seminar about the current changes and future plans. :S
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
suggestion....

buy a old 306....swap chassis numbers...put it down as a shell swap....job done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What are you talking about now?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
just some here were mentioning about having an old car pre abs/airbags would be beneficial....

some in the rally world would buy a older shell, cut and chop and have a early registered car but it still be basically the same age...

my thought was find a early ph1 pov spec and swap chassis plates etc...then technically 'scrap' the current car...and register as a reshell....
then at MOT it would show up as having no abs etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You can't possibly be suggesting that on a public forum?

You should be careful mate, you'll get yourself into all kinds of trouble....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Nothing like that can or will happen.. The amount of crashes etc from defective parts is so small that putting 100s of tthousands of people out of jobs and.making people spend crazy money on parts jusy can't and wont happen...What should happen however is there be like the TuV in Germany, where if its not TuV approved, it doesnt go on cars... Simple.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 03:44 PM)Ruan Wrote: Nothing like that can or will happen.. The amount of crashes etc from defective parts is so small that putting 100s of tthousands of people out of jobs and.making people spend crazy money on parts jusy can't and wont happen...What should happen however is there be like the TuV in Germany, where if its not TuV approved, it doesnt go on cars... Simple.

That would be a good idea. WOuld do away with all these shit tuning companies that sell out right dangerous stuff!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
TuV is more of a design/manufacturing approval. I can sell you a set of TuV approved shock absorbers made out of recycled bean cans and running on soapy water instead of oil so long as my design and manufacturing/inspecting plan is to spec.

Hell, if you're big enough, you can just give the TuV a chunk of money for the certificates and say 'yes, we checked them ourselves'

It's meaningless.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 306oc members quote thread :P Redordead89 3 1,438 29-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: toseland
  IIIIITTTTTTSSSSS FFFFFRRRRIIIIDDDDDAAAAAAYYYYY (official thread) Grant 40 6,352 14-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  Official: It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!! Thread. C.A.R. 2 2,102 20-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit