Budget Hotels?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget Hotels?
Evening,

Well I know some of you travel a lot either for work or car shows or whatever. And just wondered which were best in your opinion for a weekend away? Like travel lodge or premier inn etc?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
premier inn. Cheap and cheerful. Rooms are always very clean and tidy and often redecorated. Beds are always very comfy! i always have trouble getting up for work when i stay at one lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol, sounds good then....one vote for premier inn so far... Smile
Thanks given by:
Laterooms.com. I swear by decent local B&B's over travelodge/Premier Inns and the like when working away, get some shitholes too but its always a gamble when the digs budget is £35 per night lol.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Hmm, trying to avoid a complete shit hole though. lol
Thanks given by:
Premier Inn, if you don't get a good night sleep tell them and get a refund.
Thanks given by:
Another one for Premier Inn here. Admittedly, only stayed in a hotel once in this country, but the rooms at Reading were very nice and the bed was comfy.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for premier inn...

I have stayed in a few and have no complaints.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Premier inn reading was Awesome!

£8 all you can eat breakfast FTW!!
Thanks given by:
Looks like premier inn is the winner then. lol
Thanks given by:
What's the plan Tom?
Thanks given by:
Well..........

Plan is just to stay away for a night or two to see how I'd cope with moving out. It was my mums idea and she's happy to pay as I haven't been on a holiday with them for about 8 years now.

Problem is, a couple of nights in a hotel isn't really like moving out at all. Food is the main issue I can see atm, as you know I cant/dont eat out, so that kind messes up doing more than a few days away. I could probably live off cold, non refrigerated food (sandwhiches) for a couple of days though. But even then I'm already worrying about the 'what ifs' and in all honesty its not worth the hassle. But I'm aiming to go with it anyway, not just gonna blank ideas straight off now. Smile

Price dependant, a small self catering chalet/static caravan would probably be easier for the ocd, but I'm guessing it would cost a lot more than the likes of premier inn etc.
Thanks given by:
I had an inkling that might be the idea.

It's a good plan, the thing I would suggest if you're going to do that is don't take everything you're ever gonna need with you.

Treat it as if you were at home, pop out to get a bit of shopping.. go buy food to prep at 'home' etc

Good luck!
Thanks given by:
eTap is also ok Smile
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd already thought about that lol, have Tesco and sainsburys POIs in my sat nav. Smile

Also things like disposable cups/plates/cuttlery so I wouldn't have to be washing up.

Not really sure where to go yet though, gotta be far enough to be worthwhile....but not too far incase there's any problems. Confused
Thanks given by:
Lol... B&B's are ok too, but if i could afford it - premier all the way
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 07:57 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah I'd already thought about that lol, have Tesco and sainsburys POIs in my sat nav. Smile

Also things like disposable cups/plates/cuttlery so I wouldn't have to be washing up.

Not really sure where to go yet though, gotta be far enough to be worthwhile....but not too far incase there's any problems. Confused

You know Norwich way is easily within reach for you.. and there's plenty of people to go visit whilst at your new 'home' Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Kinda true, I'd have to psych myself up again for a trip that far as I've not been further than felixstowe or colchester for months now. But I guess that's part of the challenge, and I did like Norfolk on previous breaks (last one was the broads (wroxham) in 2004 though lol..But yeah you're right, probably the right area to be looking I guess. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Premier Inn 100%. If you can book well in advance then you can get rooms for £30-£40, and also avoid weekends. As said, if you have a bad night (noise, temperature, bed comfortness etc) then they will refund you so it's win-win. You always know what you're getting with a Premier Inn as they're all the same Smile We must have stayed in one at least 5 times since September
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 08:27 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Premier Inn 100%. If you can book well in advance then you can get rooms for £30-£40, and also avoid weekends. As said, if you have a bad night (noise, temperature, bed comfortness etc) then they will refund you so it's win-win. You always know what you're getting with a Premier Inn as they're all the same Smile We must have stayed in one at least 5 times since September

Awesome, seems to be fairly unanimous!
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 12:30 AM)Jake Wrote: Another vote for premier inn...

I have stayed in a few and have no complaints.

I can confirm that Jake and the gooch had a good nights sleep ninja
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 11:07 PM)Pete Wrote: Laterooms.com. I swear by decent local B&B's over travelodge/Premier Inns and the like when working away, get some shitholes too but its always a gamble when the digs budget is £35 per night lol.

Here here

ThumbsUpThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Oh also try De Vere venues, not sure if there's one within your distance-range-thingy though, but they have £19 room deals all the time (I'd upgrade to a little more if I were you though).
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
premier in are always pretty good!
Thanks given by:
Tom because im nice ive been thinking about your few days away and have found a issue for you with premier inn

you dont get proper bog paper! You get one of them stupid dispensers with squares of wafer thin paper so it takes about 45 minutes to wipe your arse. Thats my only negative point of premier inns!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tom if you want to make it authentic moving out I can come over, eat your food, leave skids on the toilet and make it stink of tomatoes?
Or even better, hotel party

But seriously, travel lodge and premier inn are both great.
Late rooms.com are best for cheap hotels, go for like £14 a night
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 04:32 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom because im nice ive been thinking about your few days away and have found a issue for you with premier inn

you dont get proper bog paper! You get one of them stupid dispensers with squares of wafer thin paper so it takes about 45 minutes to wipe your arse. Thats my only negative point of premier inns!

Lol........it's ok, I was planning to take my own anyway, don't wanna run out! Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
Premier inn tops the list
Then travel lodge

Or if I'm going for a weekend I sometimes look for a little privately run B&B
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent Low Budget Smart Phone? Toms306 120 21,090 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  £200 Budget Bucket Seat silverzx 31 14,110 30-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305