would 306 engine drop into 307?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would 306 engine drop into 307?
Simple question really...if you wanted to put an hdi engine from a 306 into a 307, woukd there be any complications such as ecu or wiring differences?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Multiplex system will make things a real bugger I should imagine.

Basically integration of the engine ecu with the interior workings all into one, which is supposed to make life easier controlling the vast array of gadgets more modern cars are loaded with. It's also supposed to benefit fault-finding.

It means that if you change one component you could end up with a wiring nightmare and an upset computer.

Someone more knowledgable will probably be along soon to point out I'm wrong!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thats an odd question, I can see the benefit of having newer chasis/brake/suspension etc but surely a 307 is a downgrade in some respects?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
could have a 307 with 2.0 engine blown.
would imagain bare block would be fine to use, rest of wiring would be a pain though..
Thanks given by:
Vast majority of the engine itself should be fine, I know a couple of people have done the swap the other way around. Might have trouble with the oil filler location, not sure why they moved it. For the wiring just swap the sensors and loom over, although most of the sensors are the same anyway. Is the turbo on these vacuum controlled...?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
the turbo is vacuum controlled on the 110 version but wastegate on the 90bhp. yeah its a 307 with a blown engine. i know they are a bitch with their electrics haha been there done that. just thought if i had the 90bhp version the ecu and looms would be the same?
Thanks given by:
Why Hdi when you could drop a DT in it and be a hero?
Thanks given by:
wouldnt be the same but bare block would be interchangable, lot of swapping of the loom and possibly sensors needed though
Thanks given by:
I did consider xud first but thought it would be a nightmare lol.
Thanks given by:
Xud will run off like 4 wires lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
but...could you make it work in a 307?
Thanks given by:
Actually would be a twat to fit.... The 307 mount positions are different than a 306, so you can change the mount on a 306 HDi engine for the 307 one and it'd work, but theres no way it'd fit on an XUD9 engine since it was never fitted in a 307... Make sense?

Also as I understand, 307s never used XUs, only EW and DW therefore ALL are flybywire, therefore no provision for a throttle cable... So would be a total twat to retrofit..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 08:54 PM)Ruan Wrote: Actually would be a twat to fit.... The 307 mount positions are different than a 306, so you can change the mount on a 306 HDi engine for the 307 one and it'd work, but theres no way it'd fit on an XUD9 engine since it was never fitted in a 307... Make sense?

Also as I understand, 307s never used XUs, only EW and DW therefore ALL are flybywire, therefore no provision for a throttle cable... So would be a total twat to retrofit..

Nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer and a welder Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: