Bosch pump conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump conversion
Alright everyone not been on much really not messed about with 306 much but now I've sold the other car I've started to have a play. I have fitted a bosch pump lines and injectors on Saturday I've done a gov mod to the pump ( thanks for the guides on here) and I have ground the LDA pin.The pump was completely stand when I got it still had anti-tamper thing on the max full screw so after doing about 200miles this weekend to make sure everything is ok car drives well and pulls really so I wanted to get a bit more power out of the pump and so coal haha so I set about tweaking the pump I have adjusted the boost compensator and I tried to adjust the max fuel screw with the engine on but I only hav to turn the screw about quarter of a turn and the revs go up about 500 rmp so do I need to adjust anything else before I fiddle with the max fuel screw thanks for any help.

Thanks given by:
yeah drop the idle first...use the throttle arm stop and the idle screws on the back of the pump (accessed from the top)

then you can increase it.

how much have you increased the boost by? and how much is the internal LDA adjuster wheel turned?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
the idle will inevitably go up once you start increasing the amount of fuel per cycle, but you can fine tune it a little bit with the hot and cold idle adjustment.

my fully maxxed out 9mm bosch cold idle is 1200rpm then 800rpm at hot idle so its possible to control things this way to some degree
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Your throttle arm can sit back alot further yet! Theres a screw on the back that holds it in place.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
also bent the throttle arm to get more travel
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that didn't think of this I'm a bit tired. I've not adjusted the wheel in side yet what would you suggest how much adjustment.
Thanks given by:
all depends on turbo, engine, pump, lda grind...fine tune to your tastes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help lads I'll have a tweak tomorrow. I will probably have to tweak it all again when I change the turbo anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,452 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,995 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby