NHS Dentist [rant]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHS Dentist [rant]
So i was eating chewing gum the other night at work and to my discontent i felt somehing very hard come out, in total, it weighed about the same as a 1p piece and was a fairly large chunk of filling come out from my back tooth.

Now i've not had a dentist for many years now and all the previous dental work i had done was done through my orphodontist at the hospital - i had teeth removed, braces, fillings and so on...

I phoned the NHs direct line on sunday to get something sorted - she told me to get to a pharmacy and get some temporary filling, Cavit its called, and to call back when they were open, mon-fri, 9-5....

So i rang this morning as soon as i woke at 8:30, got through to the Hampshire and IOW area and explained the following...

Me: "Hi, i had a filling fall out the other night and need to get it replaced, its right at the back of my mouth, quite a large filling.."

Her: "Ok, could you tell me what area you are in?

Isle of Wight

Do you have any SEVERE BLEEDING or in SEVERE PAIN?

errm no... obviously otherwise i would be at A&E by now..

Im sorry sir but there are no dentists that are available in your area..

Ok, when are they available..?

Im sorry there are no dentists taking new patients, i can give you the complaints line if you wish

Love, i dont want to complain, i want my tooth fixed...

*awquard silence....*

Im sorry sir but thats the criteria you must meet to be entitled to an emergenct apointment

So the only way i can get this fixed now is through private care?

I'm afraid so

Doh What an absoloute cock of a service. Useless! whats the point in an NHS?!! please!? from what i see, i may for my repeat prescriptions, i pay for any other medication, i pay for now my dental care, so what do i get from this deal Mr Clegg?!

[/rant]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
You didn't mention to her that you were ginger did you?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Everyone is entitled to dental work to a degree on the NHS. I've had a feking silver tooth put in on the NHS so a filling has to be available. Go find an NHS dentist, albeit quite rare, and ask to join their practice.

And ring back and tell that bint to f*ck off....
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
TBH for a filling private is only about a tenner more expensive.

I had a great laugh at my dentist,

Dentist, Do you want me to do this course of treatment privately for you?

Me, Is it you doing the work?

Dentist, Yep

Me, Do you do it here?

Dentist, yep

Me, and I take it you use the same tools and put the same fillings in

Dentist, Yep

Me, Well why would I pay extra for the same treatment then?

Dentist, You get a shorter waiting list and you can have white fillings for an extra charge.

Me, Well ive gotta wait 2 weeks between appointments anyway and I dont want white fillings.

Dentist, Oh, well you get a better service.

Me, Im quite happy with your level of service already thank you. I think ill stick with the NHS
Thanks given by:
Haha speak to smanfa on temp fillings she is the pro at bodging them to permanent lol hers is always falling out lol
Also it tastes vile. I even ate a bit lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Haha speak to smanfa on temp fillings she is the pro at bodging them to permanent lol hers is always falling out lol
Also it tastes vile. I even ate a bit lol

Confusedhifty:

yeh.. ermm.. i think i'll get a 'proper job' as our west country friends would say!
Thanks given by:
Just fecking superglue it
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So i'm now in "SEVERE PAIN" and have an appointment at my local NHS dentist... lets see how busy they really are...
Thanks given by:
How f*cking wonderful...

In all fairness, i got through the dentist, work done and paid within half an hour and £17 later...

BUT he then tells me its not a permanent fix and i will need root treatment, and to book with my dentist.. oh wait, i dont have one!

Ask the front desk, "Well we're taking on a new dentist next month but wont be taking any more patients"

Great.

Now internetting to try and find a dentist ANYWHERE in hampshire!? crazy....
Thanks given by: