Hdi help!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi help!!!
Soooo, 306 Hdi 2.0 won't start . Turning over but that's it. Looked at my oil and was hardly on the dip stick. Is there a cut off when the oil is so low?
Thanks given by:
Theres not a cut off but it wont be doing the car any good. from min to max on the dip stick is 1L so that should give you an idea of how much oil you need.

Is it getting fuel, have you checked the injectors with a multimeter, have you checked all the fuses.
Thanks given by:
The oil being low shouldn't affect it! Has it got the engine managment light on?
Thanks given by:
No engine light on. I've put a litre in but still nothing, will try and bump after when there's room on the street. Please excuse the ignorance but what fuse should I be checking?
Thanks given by:
Can you hear the lift pump in the tank priming on the second click?
Thanks given by:
Just remember, all it needs to run is fuel and air. The "problem" with the HDi is that in order to get fuel to the injectors, there's a lot of electronics that can play up. But start with the simple stuff like checking fuses, the lift pump, cam sensor ETC..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 02:45 PM)Joe205 Wrote: No engine light on. I've put a litre in but still nothing, will try and bump after when there's room on the street. Please excuse the ignorance but what fuse should I be checking?
Check ALL the fuses, Peugeot wired some of the stuff the engine needs to start through really random stuff so pull them all.

As Jonny says all you need to start the HDi if its turning over is air and fuel and as I'm gonna assume there's nothing stopping the air getting in (you haven't stuffed a rag down the inlet etc) then its gotta be fuel which is where the electric control gremlins hide.

Does it sound like its trying to start, are you getting any smoke out the back and does the exhaust smell fuely when your turning it over.
Thanks given by:
Oh and just to add on to what dum dum said, don't just do a visual check of the fuses. Check them with a multimeter. They can blow but not look like it.
Check all the ones under the steering wheel and also in the box on the right hand side of the engine bay. Does the EML come on when you flick the key to stage 2?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Little brown relay behind the Ecu and to the right give it a wiggle or remove and clean see how that goes pal as I had this issue replaced pumps fuses ye lot turned out to be the little brown relay
Thanks given by:
Check the fuel cut off switch by the ecu as well on the n/s shock tower
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Traced the problem back to the fuel pump in the tank , thanks all for the help! Anyone have one for sale?
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't bother with a second hand one personally their very common for failing. It might last years it might last 5 mins. Got one from euros for about £80 i think it was. (Trade cost) with a years guarantee when mine went a few months back.
Thanks given by: