Do I need another bloody cable!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need another bloody cable!
Clutch cable....I got a new oem one when a clutch was put in about a 1 1/2yrs ago but it never ever "clicked" to take up the free play, should I try another as I know there's nothing you can do with them, they're a pita Angry
Thanks given by:
Mines not adjusted right ether, I did my clutch the other week. Is your bite point too low?
Thanks given by:
Yep, about an inch from the floor and you're off, it's pita, hard to get the gears quite often too, the thing is, the first one I got (from GSF) was the same, but got a refund as they tested it and was duff, so thought I'll get a gen one, waste of fkn money too.

It's obviously a shit design that should be scrapped
Thanks given by:
Take the spring off the pedal and then stamp on the pedal a few times, usually does the trick.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 07:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Take the spring off the pedal and then stamp on the pedal a few times, usually does the trick.

Where on/at the pedal is it
Thanks given by:
Good point, Stu have you seen this http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11543.html

Poodle, my spring was removed years ago. Is there another way to get the adjuster to adjust correctly, I've tried stamping on it loads?
Thanks given by:
Not as far as i know, if it's been like it for a while it will probably have seized up. Sometimes you can get them to loosen up with a generous application of WD40 and some more abuse, but depends really.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Try pushing it all the way to the floor, then sliding your foot off it to let it flick back up
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
^^ this. Stamping the f*ck out of it a few times may help
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 09:25 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Good point, Stu have you seen this http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11543.html

Thanks, will look for it and try it later

(11-03-2013, 09:01 AM)Matt Wrote: ^^ this. Stamping the f*ck out of it a few times may help

I did, it didnt
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 08:49 AM)samass Wrote: Try pushing it all the way to the floor, then sliding your foot off it to let it flick back up

This will adjust it so it brings the bite back up
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I did that too, and no it didnt
Thanks given by:
I didn't work for me ether. I'll try it every time I get in the car this week and see if it gets unstuck.
Thanks given by:
Tried the WD40 and some proper abuse yet?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ive never had any issues with the auto adjuster cables, and never even replaced it, been on and off many times...Much easier than farcing with manual ones..

Just remove it, re fit, pedal to floor, slip off, and repeat until its right, never failed me yet Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
    i had this problem on mine from where some knob had fitted it last and not routed it properly.... I had the same thing low biting point and then couldnt get it in gear..... The cable as you can see had cut its own groove in the bulk head and made the aduster go to its max position because of the extra resistance it need...
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2013, 08:35 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Just remove it, re fit, pedal to floor, slip off, and repeat until its right, never failed me yet Tongue

Lucky you
Thanks given by:
I found and took that spring off, it was quite easy..

It made a bit of diffirence to the free play and is actually quite nice to press now.....but!

Has did more/less fk all for the bite though, as it's still about an 1" from the floor, that, I just dont understand
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2013, 07:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: Tried the WD40 and some proper abuse yet?

So...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That bloody zorst! highwayman306 15 3,323 14-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Last Post: titch
  WRONG BLOODY HUB Daniel-mcgowan 9 3,119 17-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Rich306