I took the top off my Bosch pump and now it won't work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I took the top off my Bosch pump and now it won't work
any one can help would be greatwhen i removed the armor from the side of the pump when bottom half of the pump came out noT all of it about half way came out so i pushed it back in after removing armor and bolted it back on reffited everything now wont start all the fuel came out of pump so i primed and checked where the fuel is going ints going in the pump but not coming out of the pump to the injectors ????? HELLLPPPPConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedCensoredCensoredCensored
Thanks given by:
armor of the pump???

bottom came out?! bit unsure what you mean?

what pump is it...bosch or lucas?

what were you doing to it?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm going to assume you took the armor off the semi-ecu bosch?
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 08:03 PM)Dicky Wrote: I'm going to assume you took the armor off the semi-ecu bosch?

holy crap if that true...

why did pug think semi ecu control was smart

#facepalm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Please don't post titles in caps, it won't make your post get read any quicker Smile
Thanks given by:
yer bosch pump where the fuel comes out of pump at bottom to the right by the fuel lines when you cut the armor off you actually cut the 4 torq bits holding the side of the pump in it looked like some big ass strong springs in there i was just reading up and someone was saying summing like the banjo wrong way but dont know what way it goes around and i took it off to get to the fuel screw was a pain in the arse to do lol here is what i did http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16716

(09-03-2013, 08:08 PM)Scott Wrote: Please don't post titles in caps, it won't make your post get read any quicker Smile

OKAngel
Thanks given by:
From what I can gather you've pulled the head of the pump....
So if this is the case you've now messed the pump up and it needs taking off and reassembling
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
lol

exactly what I did coz the head was leaking....

the pump is now in bits on the bench and I am running my spare 11mm pump!

why did you take the head off?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nooooo i didint take off the head i took off the throttle cable holder plate that holds the black plastic with the clip for the cable and the side of the pump came with it when i cut the armor off the side of the pump where the 4 injector pipes screw to
Thanks given by:
...thats the head

#facepalm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the head of the pump. Something in there has gone a miss whem it came away from the pump.
Thanks given by:
its held on with 4 torqs bits but cos its semi ecu and thats where the engine immobiler is it has security nuts on where yoy have to cut off or chisel off hence why it fell off aswell cos all for bolts were the security nuts

reallllyyy i thought the head and what everone else says is the ufo etc........
Thanks given by:
you do one at a time if iirc....but too late now...

get some pics up....sounds very similar to the issue I had...I wasnt sure which round to put the internals, fearing being 180 out.

need to take apart and put back togetheir correctly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah you want somebody who knows what theyre doing to pull the pump and sort out whatevers come loose. Where are you located?
Thanks given by:
berkshire mate i dont think its all of this im hoping just a banjo wrong way around you cant take them off one at a time.they all need to be off to take it off

i would upload pics but its all back together now
Thanks given by:
anyone close by me to have a liok ?? or what some one will charge to take off and sort out ??
Thanks given by:
For £250 i'll reassemble it and fit a black box device for a guaranteed 128bhp
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i can get 128 out of it without a black box i have my 306 running 163bhp with print out and the xantia has got alot more kw coming from fywheel than pug and where are you going to put black box because the ecu's are for the hydro active suspension ?? lets say £150 and we got a deal Smile

or is the 250 to take off car to fix the pump and put back on car cambelt etc......??
Thanks given by:
he's taking the piss . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
didnt really want that but yer wanted replys this really anoyying now
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 06:50 PM)sparkyboi001 Wrote: didnt really want that but yer wanted replys this really anoyying now

the armor just covers max fuel screw and there's a cap over the LDA also .. .you've taken the pump apart by the sounds of it mate, bit late now but a bit more research was most definitely needed i'm afraid . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
In all honesty, unless you find someone who knows what they're doing with it then its probably going to be a fair bit cheaper to put another pump on than take it somewhere and get it taken apart and reassembled...

There is a thread for helpful members who will help out for free/cheap, i'd have a look in there and see if anyone is close by to you. Good luck

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1320.html
Thanks given by:
yer thanks i might be the case when it popped out and i bolted it back on something didnt.go bqck properly
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,451 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,994 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby