Exhaust power gains

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust power gains
Right end of the month I'm ordering a decat and a straight through centre section the car isn't mapped at all is it worth getting and will I notice any performance gains ??
Thanks given by:
What car is this for?
Thanks given by:
Hdi 2.0
Thanks given by:
dont know if youl notice the gains without the remap behind it, but a free flowing exhaust is always a good improvment for power gains
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
If you have a standard rear box fitted that's very restrictive, better off leaving middle box standard as it's straight through and losing the back box for a straight piece of pipe with a nice tip fitted.
Thanks given by:
There is evidence to suggest that you'll reduce the spool time of the turbo which will give you slightly better throttle response. Making the exhaust on a turbo car more free flowing should make a small increase in boost pressure too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
placebo effect too! shiney things make car drive better!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got a piece of pipe for the rear box ready :-) might leave middle box then as itl fail it's mot with no boxes iirc ??
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 05:38 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Hdi 2.0

Moving to the HDi section then...
Thanks given by:
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Go straight through from turbo to a performance petrol back box, like I did - I have just pipe into a gti6 back box..spools up quick and burbles away like a petrol Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Petrol back box will be worse than the standard back box
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Trust me Danny this powerflow back box is not restrictive..in the slightest Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
had a nice system made with decat by longlife and love the sound of it, cost £250 all together and life time warrenty
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 08:29 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Petrol back box will be worse than the standard back box

Not at all I have fitted my magnex car back off my old 6 to my derv and it now boosts 20psi instead of the 18psi so defo not true. Standard system mayb but aftermarket this is defo not the case Wink

Thanks given by:
I have got a Scorpion back box, off a gti6 on my hdi and it is straight through, a lot less restrictive than the standard back box.
Thanks given by:
Main reason for the exhaust is 1 I want better drivability and 2 my centre box hits literally everything bigger than a grain of sand so need it gone :-)
Thanks given by:
Aftermarket is obviously different as they usually have a straight through design, standard 6 back box however...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: