What to do?? (306 related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do?? (306 related)
Sad 
As most of you know iv been building my sigma DT since xmas when my ph2 decided to commit suicide. So im nearly 2 1/2 months in now, and iv completely lost the will to live, To the point where im seriously thinking about jacking in all this French shite and modified cars altogether

The problems:

Iv had a mass amount of problems/time wasted on this project so far, I dont think there has been a single job on this car where a problem hasnt arose & taken 10x longer than what it should of, Im now stuck at 2 issues.

1. the turbo oil feed pipe. I cant get to stop leaking and dumping all the oil on the floor, and i cant get it off to change it,

2. Timing. Iv advanced and retarded and it still runs like a bag of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6hUWMsa...re=mh_lolz

3. isnt a problem with car but me im so exsorsted , doing 9-6 sat&sun 4.30-7 in the evenings killing myelf and getting no where, its like 2 steps forward and 1 back every time i do something because my hearts just not in it now and making mistakes left, right & center.

The main point of this thread:

This has been a completely soul destroying experience. iv done this completely on my own so far. so now im at the point where i havnt got knowlage/skills to sort the 2 current issues, I dont want to attack the two issues AGAIN by my self in case it turns out its still not right as i will completely loose the plot (NO JOKE). Im so stressed and down that i dont even want to break it and get rid of it, i dont want to carry on, and i cant sell it as whole as it sits, so as title what the hell do i do?

On top of that, my gti has no MOT and needs work to get through, the xsi is due in 2 weeks, and needs work to get it through.........and i cant stand the sight of a 306/ but i have choice but to atleast do the work on the xsi. And i dont have the money to pay so some to do the work, especially when i can do it myself.

What currently seems like the only way forward

Im so down on this, im really thinking about selling up all the old French tin i currently own. prob just call the scrap man get £120 and just f*ck the Dt off as it stands. then just go get a 308 hdi on the just add fuel scheme and just drive that O.E. then maybe just get a GSXR or R6 in the summer as a toy. (cheaper & easier to for a toy)

Think this is the first time since i started driving where im seriously thinking about saying enough is enough. Get a newish STD car. pack in all the show and modifying and finding a new hobey :(

So yeah thats my rant sorry if its a bit long or you have no interest but needed a Vent!!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
We have all been there. That's part of owning French shit but I'm sure you know how much fun they are when they work. Any members near by who can come down and help? Would say I would but I'm busy for the next 3 weekends and can't take any time off work and I'm sure that isn't really quick enough.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Have you tried re timing the cambelt?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 04:23 PM)Niall Wrote: We have all been there. That's part of owning French shit but I'm sure you know how much fun they are when they work. Any members near by who can come down and help? Would say I would but I'm busy for the next 3 weekends and can't take any time off work and I'm sure that isn't really quick enough.

I think this is the only way my love for the 306 can be saved to be honest mate. if some one of a couple people who really kbow their way around an xud can help me sort this i think i really will be game over on this.

Im going to concentrate on the xsi now for couple of weeks as its simple jobs iv done million times , might give me a chance to rekindel some love

(09-03-2013, 04:29 PM)Ricky Wrote: Have you tried re timing the cambelt?

I dont even want to mate, i winged the belt change 1st time around and look where that got me

Thanks given by:
Tbh mate I don't know much about DTs so can't help too much but if it gets to a few weeks down the line and its not fixed, ill pop down and we can have a go at it together providing you provide loads of coffee and cake.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I don't know how far away you are from me, I would come and give you a hand if it was not too far.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Read your PM you twat x
Thanks given by:
I can under stand were your comeing from i think every 306 owner has been there i have lots of times! But it sounds like to easy/simple problems, Im sure there will be some people off here that live near you willing to help and get you back up and running agin, Whats worst case take the pump off and get another bosch for it......

Thanks given by:
Id love to offer help but ive gotta do the turbo oil feed on my car and the thought of doing that is making me cry ATM.

IMO don't worry about the oil leak, just keep topping it up cos if you decide its only worth scrap you can just treat it like shit.

Get the XSi through the MOT and then have a month off from modding 306s.

If you sell up youll regret it in a few months.
Thanks given by:
If you wasn't 400 miles away round trip id be down in the morning
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 04:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Tbh mate I don't know much about DTs so can't help too much but if it gets to a few weeks down the line and its not fixed, ill pop down and we can have a go at it together providing you provide loads of coffee and cake.

cakes???? pfftt becon and egg sarnies & coffee you mean?? Big Grin

But yeah appreciate that mate i'll see how i stand in a few weeks

(09-03-2013, 04:39 PM)Ricky Wrote: I don't know how far away you are from me, I would come and give you a hand if it was not too far.

your not on the other side of the country but its a fair few miles Big Grin

(09-03-2013, 04:39 PM)Andy Wrote: Read your PM you twat x

Calm down , iv already replyed lol

(09-03-2013, 04:40 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I can under stand were your comeing from i think every 306 owner has been there i have lots of times! But it sounds like to easy/simple problems, Im sure there will be some people off here that live near you willing to help and get you back up and running agin, Whats worst case take the pump off and get another bosch for it......

they prob should be simple problems, bout at the moment it just seems
like a mountain i cant clime. i just cant heandle it mentaly, iv had loads of 306's over the last 7 years but this really has beat me this never felt this shit about one before

(09-03-2013, 04:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id love to offer help but ive gotta do the turbo oil feed on my car and the thought of doing that is making me cry ATM.

IMO don't worry about the oil leak, just keep topping it up cos if you decide its only worth scrap you can just treat it like shit.

Get the XSi through the MOT and then have a month off from modding 306s.

If you sell up youll regret it in a few months.

I know id regret it but, but it would make life a hell of lot easier :/ And the oil leak is that bad it will empty the sump in 10mins of running . i thought id put a whole in the block eairly when i seen all the oil on floor lol.

(09-03-2013, 05:07 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: If you wasn't 400 miles away round trip id be down in the morning

Yeh rotherum is a far old way from here, appreciate the thought though bud ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
I'd come up to help if i was free over the next couple of week but knowing nothing about xud's i'd just in the way Wink
Thanks given by:
If your not sorted in a few weeks ill be down in Bristol and I could pop over Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If it wouldn't cost me nearly a tank of fuel to get there and back, I'd come and help. Don't give it up though mate, you'd regret it very quickly, we've all been there and the only way IMO is to keep at it. You WILL get to the source of the issue and you WILL fix it, and then you'll be happy again Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Saxo?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Bodge (not car related, but outbuilding/electrics!) cpikey316_ 6 2,432 05-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  So annoyed today, car related! cpikey316_ 18 3,068 28-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Long Shot 'Wanted' or Better Idea..? (DPF related) Toms306 37 6,517 23-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Toms306