New phone time. What do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phone time. What do you think?
i have a nokia lumia 820 and its brilliant unless you are really into instagram or facebook, no instagram app and facebook one is poop.
but the actual phone is alot faster and smoother than my xperia was and the browser is brilliant.
nokia navigation, maps and mix radio are great too
Thanks given by:
That's quite bad in a way though given the number of people who use Facebook, and I imagine it's the sort of thing that could put off a casual user who might have though about buying the phone. Also Android has Google Maps and Navigation which in my opinion are better than most aftermarket GPS systems, plus Google Music which is a great service to have for free.
Thanks given by:
I've just recently gotten a Sony Xperia Z - it's such a well rounded phone IMHO, works perfectly, everything is just how you want it, just like the Samsung there's crap to remove which is one reason I still quite like HTC.

But for me - a phone that's dustproof and waterproof to IP57 is a no brainer, it's stupidly well built, most solid "smartphone" I've ever had, software is great whilst having a 1920x1080 screen which when Apple are harping on about 1146x640 is quite funny.

I remember thinking that my HTC One X was the perfect phone, which to be fair, it's DAMNED good, but the Xperia Z is awesome. It's the first phone of it's generation, so it's out before the S4 and the HTC One, I think they'll be having ~1.7GHz snapdragons wheras the Z is "only" a 1.5GHz. But I can't fault it thus far!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Also worth a mention is some of the less well known brands are churning out some phones with equal to the big brands top spec flagship phones
So watch out for huawei, Asus, mircomax
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phil has a point. I ran a benchmark and one of the highest phones was a fujiwujisamuraigoofy... Well it wasn't that but it was something with a weird name.
Thanks given by:
Only issue with those is that the build quality isn't all that great unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
My zte blade/san fransico has lasted nearly 2 years without fault. Depends if you buy really cheap (ebay china) or cheap like what orange rebrands and sells on
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I have a HTC One X at the moment and (despite the completely destroyed glass - dropped it off the balcony) it's really nice.
BUT I had the Galaxy Nexus before and I miss AOSP without any other UIs, so I'd get the Nexus 4 if I had to buy a phone now
Thanks given by:
I love my iPhone. Does everything I need it to do reliably. A chap at work was insisting his Samsung was superior - which it may have been - but it crashes continuously! Couldn't deal with that when my phone is also used for work.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I love fruit!!!

Does what I want it's reliable and easy to use!! At my age that's a big plus lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was a huge BB fan when i had the Storm when it first came out, finally switched to iphone4 bout 2years ago nearly and recently upgraded to the iphone5, im more than happy to stick with Apple does what i want and i know what to expect from it
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't go BB. My manager has just got a Z10 because all our contracts are ending soon and it's worse than my torch. Seriously, it's shite and the battery lasts about half a day on moderate use. We are now going either android or iPhone now
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nexus 4, if you can find one for sale.
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 11:02 AM)Ruan Wrote: I've just recently gotten a Sony Xperia Z - it's such a well rounded phone IMHO, works perfectly, everything is just how you want it, just like the Samsung there's crap to remove which is one reason I still quite like HTC.

But for me - a phone that's dustproof and waterproof to IP57 is a no brainer, it's stupidly well built, most solid "smartphone" I've ever had, software is great whilst having a 1920x1080 screen which when Apple are harping on about 1146x640 is quite funny.

I remember thinking that my HTC One X was the perfect phone, which to be fair, it's DAMNED good, but the Xperia Z is awesome. It's the first phone of it's generation, so it's out before the S4 and the HTC One, I think they'll be having ~1.7GHz snapdragons wheras the Z is "only" a 1.5GHz. But I can't fault it thus far!

Think I'll be getting an Xperia Z next, Need a sturdy phone being a Decorator who is ham-fisted with technology! Got a Blackberry Torch at the moment that knackered and rubbish, though its still going after 2 years of abuse off me so I'll give it some dues. Gonna have to reluctantly convert to full touchscreen though Sad
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Had the iPhone 3,3G,4,4s and now the 5 and I'm bored! They all do the same wish I hadn't have got the 5. Looking to swap it for a galaxy s3.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for the HTC One, thats what ive got my eye on for when i upgrade in May. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 10:56 AM)Scott Wrote: That's quite bad in a way though given the number of people who use Facebook, and I imagine it's the sort of thing that could put off a casual user who might have though about buying the phone. Also Android has Google Maps and Navigation which in my opinion are better than most aftermarket GPS systems, plus Google Music which is a great service to have for free.

The app is not that bad just not as devolped as the iphone one, but it doesnt crash all the time like it did on my xperia, ive used both google navigation and nokia drive and i prefer nokias, its alot more like a real satnav and takes up no internet.

and the windows phone bluetooth to the car is really good too, i can call, text, get numbers up, old texts by touching one button on the head unit.

abit more development and windows phone will be a real player
Thanks given by:
Have to be honest, I went from having a blackberry which I f*cking hated to an iPhone 4s which pisses me off just as much..

All about the 3310i with snake 2 and shit.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
If your up for cheap thrills NEO 003
quad-core MediaTek MT6589 silicon, 13MP camera, and a 3000mAh battery

Retail $145/€112/£97 !!! Not too shabby given the epic specs
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 07:20 PM)Dicky Wrote: Have to be honest, I went from having a blackberry which I f*cking hated to an iPhone 4s which pisses me off just as much..

All about the 3310i with snake 2 and shit.

Win thats decided it for me. Gettin a 3310i just to play snake 2
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Can play snake on the iPhone...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New phone time.....what to get?! Piggy 58 5,043 06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Time for a new phone... Dan! 20 3,314 14-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,485 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey