Another clutch thread...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another clutch thread...
So far so good I really love the Sachs paddle with one pressure set up. Would advise to anyone running a stage 2 setup
Thanks given by:
Driving a paddle clutch is fine, once your used to it you'll wish every car had a paddle clutch.

IMO if money were no object id be going for the Helix as itll be the best.

That said £150 odd for the Sachs kit is really cheap, how much would they want for a paddle rather than an organic?

I hate CG with a passion as I've had a few shit clutches from them (one over stroked and one snapped the springs) but that said I am currently running an un-sprung CG 5 paddle which cost me £225 posted for the 3 piece kit and realistically its probably a re branded Valeo cover so that wont go wrong and there aint really alot to go wrong with an un sprung center.

The D Turbo conversion aint man enough for a well mapped stage 2 HDi.
Thanks given by:
I Spoke to CG and they sounded a right bunch lol, they would not give me any power ratings on the clutch and nothing would be guaranteed. All I had heard is that there clutches were shite and the bloke on the phone pretty much summed that up for me.

My Sachs kit cost me £280, I ordered the sachs paddle that dave used which was £200 ~ And the LuK kit I used was £80 then sold off the friction plate and release bearing to re coup costs. So good money and its not let me down, best thing about paddles is the hotter you get them the more aggressive they are Big Grin Need some bite.

I almost went with a helix but the only thing that concerned me was such a heavy clutch because of the uprated pressure plate on a standard clutch cable, I snapped a clutch cable when the car was stock so I can't imagine they last long with the Helix setup. But deffinatly the one to go for if money isn't an issue.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another clutch and fmic thread MIKE-FORD 14 3,573 19-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Arron