NZB - Newsbin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZB - Newsbin
Anyone here download NZBs?
Seems like a s**t has hit the fan over the past few of months!
I relied on NZB matrix quite a lot but now that's gone and a load of almost identical/rubbish sites have sprang up.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?
I'm a member of NZBsRUs which is half decent but I'm still on the hunt.
Thanks given by:
A lot of attention has turned away from torrents over the last year they are still a huge focus and the main public torrent trackers are easy pickings for the various agencies or groups (RIAA/MPAA/BPI, etc.), but NZB sites have really come under fire both with direct lawsuits and masses of DMCA take-down requests. Following Newsbin2 being blocked in the UK and shutting down shortly after a large number of other sites have followed suit. I guess the owners thought they were more secure as newsgroups had typically been ignored by copyright holders, but now as you say, shit has hit the fan for a number of them and others are jumping ship too.
Thanks given by:
You don't hear about that many torrent sites being taken down, several have been blocked but if anything that has increased their popularity.

I wonder why those sites remain open but the news groups close down?
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 07:22 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: You don't hear about that many torrent sites being taken down, several have been blocked but if anything that has increased their popularity.

I wonder why those sites remain open but the news groups close down?
There's been a steady stream of them being taken down over the last few years, some of them high profile, some of them not so much. It's not newsgroups closing down, it's the sites that index NZBs. Binaries are still available on newsgroup servers until the server provider receives a DMCA request.
Thanks given by:
Bang on the money Scott. This is the way its going only set to get worse. I've been using private trackers. And irc for the last 10+ years
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 08:07 PM)Scott Wrote: There's been a steady stream of them being taken down over the last few years, some of them high profile, some of them not so much. It's not newsgroups closing down, it's the sites that index NZBs. Binaries are still available on newsgroup servers until the server provider receives a DMCA request.

Wait newzbin or torrent servers now?

Either way, this seems fairly interesting:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/08/hug_a_pirate/
Thanks given by:
I meant a steady stream of torrent sites, NZB indexing sites have only been going down for the last year or so.
Thanks given by: