Soooooo.... Insurance Renewal Time....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soooooo.... Insurance Renewal Time....
Soooooooooo..........

My renewal is due with Adrian Flux on 6th April, so as of tomorrow they will be able to generate a renewal quote.....

This year will be a very interesting affair, given the incident that occured last year with the Diablo Sad

I've already been quoted by Compare the market approx. £800 fully-comp (6yrs NCB protected) with everything declared, and for the first time since using Flux I genuinely think they'll struggle to match that...

I'll definitely be speaking to Brentacre as well, as a lot on here seem to have had good quotes and good service from them, and I'll have a quick chat with Tim @ Prestige to see what he can do for me...

So what do you reckon my renewal will be then, and who do you think will get it? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
how old are you Ed? . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
23, I'll be 24 on April 9th though Smile

Why you ask?
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 01:04 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: 23, I'll be 24 on April 9th though Smile

Why you ask?

because insurance takes a nose dive when you hit 25 . .Smile x

that being the case i would tentatively calculate it will be somewhere in the region of 10,000,0000 dorrarrs . ..Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 01:08 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: because insurance takes a nose dive when you hit 25 . .Smile x
that being the case i would tentatively calculate it will be somewhere in the region of 10,000,0000 dorrarrs . ..Big Grin

lol, yeah, looking forward to that!! I think I may delay my renewal and take the car off the road next year for a few days until my 25th birthday!! lol Just nick Mazz's car for the 3days prior to my birthday Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm paying about £20 more than you FC with brentacre all mods declared and 9points and I'm 22
Imo they gave me a good price and nowhere else beat them. I'm up for renewal next month too :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
try greenlight there very good sure they do a deal on 306's as well

http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/

just say you got the info off the 6 forum
Thanks given by:
Try elephant/admiral. Im 22 with a GTI6 paying £350 3rd party fire and theft. Bargain if you ask me. I rang around all the other companies and no one could come close to it. This will be my third year with elephant now.
Thanks given by:
Modified?

Try Sky too, they're quite good.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah Car got a fair bit done to the car now tbh...

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have a ring around over the next couple of days in my lunchbreaks Smile
Thanks given by:
Well, I spoke to Flux today, they want £920 for fully comp (with Highway??), insuring modifications on a like for like basis. That includes a £30 fee which guarantees full re-imbursement of excess within 10 days. Seeing as the excess on the policy was £400, I thought this a wise choice!

Pretty happy with that, but going to see how brentacre get on either this evening or tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Ed that seems pricy considering I live in a shitter area, am younger than you and have more points than you and they have just quoted me £645FC. Oh and my car is more modified than yours I reckon.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My car's more modified than anyone and running nearly double stock power. I'm 26 with only two years NCB i can prove (had a gap of 3 years where i didnt have a car in Edinburgh) and live in, basically, Glasgow. Car kept on the street, every minor detail declared, and i'm £645FC with Highway through Brentacre, £300 excess, no admin fees, like for like mods and agreed valuation...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, well as said I'm going to Brentacre tomorrow, and I'm also waiting to hear back from JJ to see what he can do on it...
Thanks given by:
Flux were cheaper than brentacre, but brentacre matched flux's price with better terms tbh.

Given that they work off a bhp limited policy i'd assume they consider how much of a % increase over stock, and I guarantee you won't be making double stock GTi power, so surprised a GTi would be more expensive given the risk involved.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've had some mad quotes for the six one was 12k lol most are around the 500 Mark still to high saying i am 33 ish with 13 years nub managed to get down to 276 fully comp and my post code ain't a bad area. Personally i think there all bastardsWink
Thanks given by:
I've been with Diamond/Elephant for 5 years, but they charged me extra for each mod I wanted, and Scott's accident put the insurance up by £200! No thank you. They couldn't match Flux's quote of £790, until they added a 'loyalty' discount which took it to £785....

Got a quote through Prestige, they offered £725 BUT they don't offer protected NCB if you're under 25. Mentioned this to JJ and he matched it including protection.

One thing to think about Ed is your job title. Calling Scott a project manager increased the online quote prices I got, whilst calling him a data analyst reduced them. There's a handy tool for that here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insuran...ob-picker/
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Brentacre told me they can't do quotes under £400 and actually quoted 490, prestige gave the best quote for me at 275 including mods with 9 years no claims, well worth a chat with both though as they were both really helpful and happy to give prospective quotes including possible increases for doing further mods throughout the year.
Thanks given by:
What happened to your NFU cover Ed!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren they said they wouldn't insure me on anything with GTI in the name until I was 25!!!
Thanks given by:
Oh fail, there covering mine still!! even with the 3 page mod list, and gti bits all over it Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
More reasons to NOT buy a GTi... Big Grin

But seriously that does seem rather high. I can insure pretty much anything I like (within reason) for around the £800 mark, mine looks like it's gonna be about £650-700 come renewal, that's obviously with all mods declared.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Wooooooooohoooooooo

Get in Greenlight!

All mods declared, limited bhp ppolicy (180) no increase for roll cage or anything as long as it doesn't affect power.... £500 a year! With protected ncb!

They were also offering tpft for £400!

They called me up to go through the details, and also mentioned that they do trackday insurance for £45 a day too. Genuinely massively impressed with this company!

EDIT: Just to clarify, that was with no voluntary excess also
Thanks given by:
never heard of them . . . .nice one though . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow that is good. I pay near double that on a diesel at present lol.

Finally 25 this year, here's hoping it makes a difference.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
MattCheese; they currently sponsor the gti6 forum I believe...

Yeah, it's mad to think this time last year, I got a quote from Privilege Insurance for the standard 106 1.5n/a diesel, Fully comp with 5yrs ncb for £490 a year.... and this is £499 a year (technically about £590 as I'm paying in instalments, but for comparisons sake I paid the nad up front...)
Thanks given by:
I just checked greenlight....they only insure 'nice' cars.....no shitty pov spec ones lol. Sad

But anyway, I've just sorted my insurance out on the HDi's replacement, 7 year old large diesel vehicle.....£480 fully comp! So it seems the price does drop at age 21 then lol, was surprised at the price myself so double and triple checked all the info was right and it seems to be so fairly pleased with that. Oddly the HDi was still £650 standard or £720ish modded. I really cant work out insurance prices!
Thanks given by:
well thanks Ed for mentioning green light because i got a quote from them today. Fully comp with all mods declared....£485. Well happy considering im paying £900 now with admiral.
Also said any track day is £45 a day for track insurance and i havent even got to phone them to add mods. can just PM them and they will update it for me. Now just need to tell admiral to f*ck off!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No problem Niall, they are bloody brilliant. Did you speak to Neil? Either way I had a long chat about mine and about the forum with him. We may have something in the pipeline by way of trackday insurance discounts but we'll see.... Smile

I'm dead chuffed with them tbh, it seems to me the best set up for insurance I've heard of!
Thanks given by:
Im with Esure... all mods declared and mine is £255 fully comp.... I am an old knacker though..
Give Esure a try... worth a punt
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Renewal - who mirrors NCB? ben306 6 1,691 22-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Adrian flux renewal has come through. Pompey306mark 14 4,411 25-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
Thumbs Up Insurance time ben87 14 4,965 17-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Last Post: swampy