would no oil cause car to cut out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would no oil cause car to cut out?
basically all in the title!
Thanks given by:
it'd cause it to die . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Depends if it siezed the engine. Otherwise probably not as tu engines have mechanical lifters as opposed to hydraulic
Thanks given by:
Yeah probably, it'd seize up and cut out, Might start again once it's cooled but basically the damage will have been done.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The engine would have got very noisey before siezing though so if it did good chance the engine is knackered now
Thanks given by:
This is a bit of a ridiculous thread tbh.

Would you die without water? Yes
Would you burn yourself if you stuck your hand in a fire? Yes

'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Would your engine tap if it was a GTi? Yes.
Thanks given by:
Yeh with no oil its fairly screwed :/ My 1.4 did 5 miles after the sump plug fell out... it survived and was all fine and was scrapped due to oil leaks and needing a headgasket :/
Thanks given by:
Would your XUD splutter to life on a cold morning with a cloud of smoke? yes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would samass bum you given even the slightest opportunity? Yes
Thanks given by:
well i filled it up with oil and its fine! for now...
Thanks given by:
I'm holding my breath for the next thread "Would no fuel cause car to cut out?"
Thanks given by:
be prepared for losing engine internals lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Would driving without properly torqued wheel bolts cause the wheels to fall off? Ask Matt.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:41 PM)Scott Wrote: Would driving without properly torqued wheel bolts cause the wheels to fall off? Ask Matt.

Hasnt just happened to Matt ninja
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:01 PM)Welshdrg Wrote: well i filled it up with oil and its fine! for now...

As I said in chatbox, I expect it was coincidence that it cut out. The TU isn't smart enough to realise low oil pressure will kill it afaik.

Plus, how many litres of oil did you 'fill' it with again afterwards? I'm betting it wasn't dry....
Thanks given by:
Would eating toxic crayons result in long lasting and irreparable brain damage? Ask Niall
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 08:54 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Would samass bum you given even the slightest opportunity? Yes

Would samass bum you given zero opportunity? Yes...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would no being in the car with your keys in your pocket mean you car would drive its self? Unless your grant, no.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
it wasnt dry i only thought it was the oil becauswe i seen the oil light flick on ....about 2-3 litres
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 01:12 AM)Welshdrg Wrote: it wasnt dry i only thought it was the oil becauswe i seen the oil light flick on ....about 2-3 litres
You might be very lucky then.
As much as your question was sincere, it was a little bit silly buddy, might want to use common sense in the future. Smile
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:41 PM)Scott Wrote: Would driving without properly torqued wheel bolts cause the wheels to fall off? Ask Matt.

I hate you.

Would driving with a partially hydro locked engine cause the rods to throw? Ask.. Oh wait
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
We're not ripping it out of you by the way, we can't expect everyone who joins up to be mechanics or engineers and be able to dismantle an engine with a paperclip, so don't take it personally Smile we're mainly just taking the piss out of he more longstanding members.

Rofl Matt
Thanks given by:
Would asking any question about any other car cause Tom 306 to reply with a sentence hinting at his predisposition to bumming golfs, as well as his longstanding distrust of 306s....
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 01:12 AM)Welshdrg Wrote: it wasnt dry i only thought it was the oil becauswe i seen the oil light flick on ....about 2-3 litres

Ah there was loads left in there then! Big Grin. Seriously, it'll probably be fine, however i'd want to know where all the oil went...is it leaking or burning? Keep an eye on it. Smile

Incidentally, golfs don't often leak oil, whereas 306s almost always do... /dunnowhatedsonabout
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 08:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Incidentally, golfs don't often leak oil, whereas 306s almost always do... /dunnowhatedsonabout

lol

There are a couple of mk4 tdi's round my way; every time I see them start, puffs of blue, and blue haze all the way up the road.... Tongue I know where the oil leaks... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Can't say I've seen a blue smoking mk4 (thats a mk2 thing lol), but plenty of coal usually as they're driven by old people that don't clear them out. lol
Thanks given by:
so why did it cut out?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Because it's a 1.4. Its probably got a f*cked coilpack or something tbh.
Thanks given by:
Do you need to regularly change your racoon filter on agti? Ask Ed tap tap doe.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: