Strange noises!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange noises!!!!
My 306 is being abit too french for my liking.
First strange noise; whenever i go over a speedbump it makes a squeaky wierd noise, cant be anything important because it passed its mot while making that noise.
Noise two: when the car is running after just bein started, if i drive up a hill it makes a strange water bubbling/moving noise behind the dash.
Noise three: sometimes a relay somewhere clicks like mad by itself.
whats are these noises?
HELP
Thanks given by:
Relay clicking is likely to be the indicator stalk.. Next time its clicking try wiggling the stalk gently and it may stop, its a common problem
Thanks given by:
1st - Wheres the noise coming from? Front or rear?

2nd - Probably a bit low on coolant or airlocked, and is just the water moving through the heater pipes.

3rd - As rocker said, probably indicator stalk.
Thanks given by:
'Squeaky weird noise' could be a number of things. Check all your bushes are intact, that your TRE and your drop link boots are intact (although unlikely to squeak, it is worth doing whilst you're there) give the engine a wobble and see if it is anything engine mount related. Grab the wheels whilst its parked and wobble them at 9-3 and 12-6 (or as close as possible) and see if it recreates the noise.

Bubbling from behind the dash is most likely an air lock. Failing that, you have dwarf smoking a sheisha.

Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
at first i thought rear but the more it happens the more i think front, no idea what it could be cause all the bushes on the front are spot on.
Ah that might be it! cause i changed the coolant last month! how do i get the airlock out cause ive tried using the bleed valve
and third one adds up, dont have to worry about that then, cheers
Thanks given by:
What engine do you have? There is more than one bleed valve...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
the shitty 1.4
Thanks given by:
Not to sure about 1.4's never worked on them.

Worth checking - XU's have them on the thermostat housing, top of the rad, and where the pipes go through the bulkhead Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension noises matt16v 1 863 16-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Clicking/tapping noises when going over bumps ect LewisG 10 2,453 12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Saab problem, but noises are noises right.... cpikey316_ 1 1,019 24-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Toms306