Exhaust questions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust questions?
Question 
Hi all exhaust questions here if you could help me so iv been looking through the forum and iv come to a decision that I'm going to gut the cat out and have a straight pipe to the backbox which I'm putting a centre box on. Am I best taking the baffles out of the centre box? And am I best to unplug the egr valve as I'm gutting the cat out? Also is there a lamba sensor I need to do something with? Thanks in advance mark
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 09:54 AM)Potta_91 Wrote: Hi all exhaust questions here if you could help me so iv been looking through the forum and iv come to a decision that I'm going to gut the cat out and have a straight pipe to the backbox which I'm putting a centre box on. Am I best taking the baffles out of the centre box? And am I best to unplug the egr valve as I'm gutting the cat out? Also is there a lamba sensor I need to do something with? Thanks in advance mark

The centre box is much less restrictive than the back box anyway so just stick that on the rear it won't cause you any problems.
There's a guide to do an EGR delete but it's basically just getting a small metal plate and putting it in to block it off.

XUDs don't have lamba sensors so nothing to worry about there Smile
Thanks given by:
it sounds like your car is an hdi?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers vlj ill stick mid box on back and weld some pipe in place of the midbox n I might have some pipe to decat it aswell, for the time being till my funds can afford a decat.

Ozonehostile its a dturbo xud.
Thanks given by:
ah cool, just saw "sensor" in the sentance and immediatly thought "thats not right for an xud" haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 12:33 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ah cool, just saw "sensor" in the sentance and immediatly thought "thats not right for an xud" haha

No I was gunna get a hdi but ended up getting another dturbo, I was unsure if it had a lamba hopefully getting it sorted Thursday.
How are people achieving the cooo sound?
Thanks given by:
straight through and a big turbo :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 04:07 PM)Potta_91 Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 12:33 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ah cool, just saw "sensor" in the sentance and immediatly thought "thats not right for an xud" haha

No I was gunna get a hdi but ended up getting another dturbo, I was unsure if it had a lamba hopefully getting it sorted Thursday.
How are people achieving the cooo sound?
Don't do it, its gay...

Just get the cat off, get the middle box off and put a pipe in and keep the back box so its MOT legal (Unless they changed the laws since I last checked)
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 04:07 PM)Potta_91 Wrote: How are people achieving the cooo sound?

Get a wood pidgin and bolt it between the cambelt cover and the throttle arm.

Every time you let off the throttle arm hits the Pidgin.. Creating required noise.

Happy to help.

I have a XUD exhaust system for sale if you're near. Decat-midbox-large back box. Sounds ace !!! £50 collected.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: