Who wants a 205 with a twist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants a 205 with a twist?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...3533890941#

I so want it. Who wants to give me the money to buy it?
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
How much?!?

I like the concept but the T16 body kit looks poo, especially the non-vents in front of the rear wheels!

Wonder if its still road legal? It would be smart as a sleeper, done up like a little XS!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Wtf, why put a really shit engine in!

T16 bodykit... 2.1 8v 1920s Ford agricultural engine in.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 03:46 PM)Ruan Wrote: Wtf, why put a really shit engine in!

^this exactly. Drop a real engine in it.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
it looks to be a bit bodged together, fairplay its a rally car but still, no excuse for a shoddy build quality. also why not use a peuegot 16v engine and turbo that instead of an 8v ford pinto?

and the final nail in the coffin, £10k, whats that all about, id value it at £5k tops if it had a better engine
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I think the engine choice was probably more to do with the class it was in for rallying rather than by choice, since it doesn't really make Much sense otherwise!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
You could prob build somthing from scratch to rally for near that money , so begs the question why buy somthing someone eles has built :/ good effort on thier part looks for well/cost effectivly built, I wouldnt say no if he chucked me the keys for a blast in it

And CAR yes it is legal, 1 it says it in the discription 2. im pretty sure they have to be legal to rally them

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
pretty sure the standard 1.9 gti 8v engine makes more power than a 2.0 pinto..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As C.A.R said.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
2 liter pinto on twin carbs and cammed should be good for about 170 horses/cows.

Is say they used it as it would have a rwd drivetrain already, so yeah a 205gti engine would be a better option for power but I bet it would be quite hard to find a gearbox that you could use for rwd
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Should just go balls out with it and dapp a cosworth lump in it Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 08:23 PM)puglove Wrote: Should just go balls out with it and dapp a cosworth lump in it Big Grin

yes, that would be EPIC!!

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The guy I bought my fiberglass bonnet had a homebuilt 205 t16 using a cosworth engine in the back. Such an awesome car, I've been promised a ride up shelsey walsh hillclimb next time hes there Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
seen better T16 genuine rally examples for similar money.....and those I would sell a kidney for
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 03:46 PM)Ruan Wrote: Wtf, why put a really shit engine in!

tbf this engine is the same bottom end as the cossie turbo engine and that can make 500+ bhp
Thanks given by:
205 gti engine is simple enough todo, we have a rwd 205, atlas axle, ford type 9 box, with a 1.6 gti engine in it, cut the bellhousing off a pug box n the ford bellhousing and weld them, its the way ours is done
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 08:37 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(02-03-2013, 08:23 PM)puglove Wrote: Should just go balls out with it and dapp a cosworth lump in it Big Grin

yes, that would be EPIC!!

andy burtons car, its mid engined with a cosworth v6. he owns most of herefordshire lol.

i think that car has been banned now because it was basicly a group b car, too powerful too light, deemed unfair by other competitors the spoilsports
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
lads remember tho its not cheep to build a rally./race car. god know how much its costed to have it converted too.
Thanks given by: