Seen as there isn't a..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seen as there isn't a..
Transmission forum on here, i'm posting my problems in here so f*ck off the lot of you.

My clutch cable has decided it doesn't like me any more and the stupid ratchet mechanism has died, bite has dropped to the floor to the point it's hard to get in gear and when you look at the white clip thingy on the pedal, it doesn't sit snug against it, it just doesn't return all the way, and the pedal has to be pulled up the last third or so with my toes. It doesn't actually engage the cable until a third of the way down again.

Now i'm pretty sure the cable's the culprit as the clutch didn't appear to be slipping at any point. Really can't afford to replace the clutch either at the minute after the Xmas utility bills came in.

What's your thoughts?

My initial thought is that the cable has become kinked after I tried to re-route it over the engine instead of down by the exhaust. When I pull on it (giggidy) you can feel it resisting on the ratchet/spring til it stops, but a firmer pull frees up another 10mm or so of cable.

Goosed cable? Go on, make my day..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Change the cable then go from there? Best place to start tbh
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the cable to me, but if it does turn out to be the clutch, drop me a PM before you buy one.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Moved this just to spite you you northern bastard

First thing to do is take a crowbar to the lever on top of the box and see how easily it moves. The ratchet lets go after a certain pressure. Same thing happened on my 1.8 and it was because the release arm had seized in the box. Box off to unseize it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mine was doing something similiar until the white clip snapped while in rush hour traffic in Reading Confused
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Moved this just to spite you you northern bastard

First thing to do is take a crowbar to the lever on top of the box and see how easily it moves. The ratchet lets go after a certain pressure. Same thing happened on my 1.8 and it was because the release arm had seized in the box. Box off to unseize it.

lmao

Just you wait til I get my mod powers. I shall start a thread moving war lol

crowbared the clutch arm without the cable attached and it moves smoothly all the way released, and springs back to its original position.
Thanks given by:
ok could just be your cable then. When mine went, the clutch felt fairly heavy...like just standard 306 old clutch but it was tightening right up towards the end of the travel so it would get to about 80% down and then the adjuster would let go.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nah this isn't stiff at all tbh, clutch has always been in decent shape, it's just the last couple of times i've driven it the pedal's basically collapsed.

Pretty sure it was my epic cable route that caused it, where it comes out of the bulkhead it goes up instead of down, it's probably kinked from the turbo or engine smashing against it.
Thanks given by:
yeah will be the cable then. Damn i was hoping your clutch had gone just so i could laugh at you trying to prise your nothern wallet open.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lmao

f*ck you. i'm by no means tight, I've bought three takeaways since the 26th alone! They weren't even cheap meals, proper fat bastard ones.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 07:11 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: lmao

f*ck you. i'm by no means tight, I've bought three takeaways since the 26th alone! They weren't even cheap meals, proper fat bastard ones.

Well stop wasting your money on take aways and man the f*ck up and get a new clutch in her then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Touché

You and your superior southern intellect. I'll have you know the meals are a necessity to feed my massively out of proportion head. Have you not seen Scott's signature? That beast takes some maintaining!
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2013, 07:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Touché

You and your superior southern intellect. I'll have you know the meals are a necessity to feed my massively out of proportion head. Have you not seen Scott's signature? That beast takes some maintaining!

Clearly you have never met me and my massive head. here, let me show you a picture.

[Image: south-park-mr-mackey-290x400.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Stop the cliché'd jokes, mmkay?

The missus just informed me my head is more in proportion because my shoulders are bigger now. I was about to thank her for the compliment before she followed up with "..must be from picking up all those turbo bits off the ground"

Trolled by my own fiancée. FML.
Thanks given by: