My car feels like its getting slower and slower by the day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My car feels like its getting slower and slower by the day
Right as some might know darren fitted my bosch for me a few weeks ago, he adjusted the boost comp and turned the lda and set it up nice for me was running really well and was quick but i dont know if its slower or if im used to it, but i wanted it faster so tried more fuel and it feels slower so i went less fuel and it was definately slower but then in the middle is still slower than it was before i dont get it.. I was watching my boost gauge earlier foot flat 1.3bar smoke chuffing out and it was slow lol anyone give me a hand here to get it fast again?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Not an expert on this but pump might have possibly moved adjusting the timing?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats a good suggestion i shalll go and look now..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No worries mate, report back with your findings Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks about the same really, there is a little mark next to one of the nuts that looks like its were the nut used to be but god knows how long its been there... I dont know if the pump could of moved though..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I guess you could try move it slightly and see if it improves it, if it doesn't then just move it back
Thanks given by:
Moved it forward a bit and it is better smoke cleared on boost so i upped the fuel a bit and not much difference but now i got a boost leak from my dodgy bodged up tpiece for the boost gauge :/ So i presumed the fuel upped the pressure now its showing weak parts in my system so now i need a new t piece a proper one not some halfords thing covered in bits of pipe and cable ties lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Was it always at 1.3 bar? Might have a boost leak?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It used to hold 1.3 til 5k now it starts dropping off after like 4 so i presume my dodgy t piece is the problem, im gonna go bodge it with some electrical tape and more cable ties now Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Bodging complete, not drove it yet because i been going up and down my road all day and cba to do anymore lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Need a bosch expert now.. Minimum throttle travel screw all the way out... hot idle screw all the way out... idling at 1200rpm how do i get it back down with out lowering the maxfuel?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Need a bosch expert now.. Minimum throttle travel screw all the way out... hot idle screw all the way out... idling at 1200rpm how do i get it back down with out lowering the maxfuel?

I reached that stage with my 9mm. Get the lid off and remove the idle spring.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:
tomw1123 Wrote:Need a bosch expert now.. Minimum throttle travel screw all the way out... hot idle screw all the way out... idling at 1200rpm how do i get it back down with out lowering the maxfuel?

I reached that stage with my 9mm. Get the lid off and remove the idle spring.
Darren might not of put that back i'll have to check with him, he rebuilt it and set it up for me so he may of left it out on purpose?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt recomend removing the cold idle spring tbh, can really mess up the idle. Id just bend/grind off the part of the throttle arm that is touching the pump at idle, so it can sit further round.... Smile
Thanks given by:
Ever regret fiddling in the first place??
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Ever regret fiddling in the first place??
Nope i think its the best way to learn.. Cock it up then ask someone in the know how to fix it haha :dance:
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
to me if youre chuffing out smoke and its slower than it was, everything points to a boost leak as there's not enough air to burn the fuel you're putting in.

Coupled with the fact that 1.3 bar shounds a bit low.... I'd say a boost leak is defs the best thing to be looking for first off!

Check your inlet fannymould gasket; mine was leaking like a sieve when I 1st started messig about with mine...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:to me if youre chuffing out smoke and its slower than it was, everything points to a boost leak as there's not enough air to burn the fuel you're putting in.

Coupled with the fact that 1.3 bar shounds a bit low.... I'd say a boost leak is defs the best thing to be looking for first off!

Check your inlet fannymould gasket; mine was leaking like a sieve when I 1st started messig about with mine...
you mean mine Tongue
mwuahahaha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its always been 1.3 i havent touched the turbo just fueling up.. and the boost leak was a where the pipe for my boost gauge should of been proper bodged it up now works a treat :p just trying to get the energy to adjust thee wastegate to about 20psi lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Its always been 1.3 i havent touched the turbo just fueling up.. and the boost leak was a where the pipe for my boost gauge should of been proper bodged it up now works a treat :p just trying to get the energy to adjust thee wastegate to about 20psi lol

You 100% sure you dont have any other boost leaks? Reason being if you've got a leak, your turbo will be spinning that much faster to continue achieving 1.3bar. This will be further heating the air charge, reducing energy/cm^3 of the charge, and making your car less powerful...

it'll also feel laggier too...

Just a thought anyway...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
If its fine one day, and you suddenly start chuffing out smoke, and have less boost, then thats a boost leak.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wait....

So it was set at 1.3 bar, probably clean... So you turned up the fuelling?

Why?

If you're producing less boost, you've got a boost leak, therefore more smoke... Set the fuel back to where it was, get any boost leaks sorted... Then you'll know if it's going any worse...

DTs are terrible for making you think they're rapid one day, then after a while, you think they're slow... It's just you getting used to it and getting over the peaky power and torque delivery.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:DTs are terrible for making you think they're rapid one day, then after a while, you think they're slow... It's just you getting used to it and getting over the peaky power and torque delivery.

This. When I first installed my Bosch pump and tuned it, it felt like a rocket.
I'm now running 22-24psi almost a year later and I think it feels slow, even though it isn't.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
me-tm Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:DTs are terrible for making you think they're rapid one day, then after a while, you think they're slow... It's just you getting used to it and getting over the peaky power and torque delivery.

This. When I first installed my Bosch pump and tuned it, it felt like a rocket.
I'm now running 22-24psi almost a year later and I think it feels slow, even though it isn't.

Its the point you know more tuning is needed ( in my case turbo)
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Even though mine struggles for traction in the first 4 gears if remotely damp, it feels slow...

You get used to it and always want more power.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  idle speed adjusted car slower? Jimbo 5 1,859 28-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Last Post: con67
  feels so good RJDubya 5 2,126 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Last Post: RJDubya