Where do you do your food shop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you do your food shop
(06-09-2013, 03:19 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: I recommend iceland...
Not because I work there. But it's cheap for but still really good quality! I've tried Lots of different stuff and loved it all.

Where i live I have at least 1 of every shop within 10 minute drive. So I've tried all all and price/quality is Iceland.

Mum always shops they're because discount Smile

Iceland good quality? You've gotta be shitting me! I used to go to Iceland but the savings are only because all of their stuff is disgusting processed bargain basement meat.

Aldi is Sainsbury's/Morrisons quality and it the price of Iceland products. Sure you have to rummage through boxes and queue at the long checkout but it's worth it for the quality and value.

Can't believe the amount of stick Aldi has got on here! They have excellent continental products which is way more luxury than what we have in this country! Like the continental tart for instance or the Italian ham.

Also surprised by the amount of Asda shoppers, if you look on PistonHeads Asda is a no no!

So yeah I basically use Sainsbury's and Aldi, considering I park outside a Sainsbury's store anyway so it's super convenient. And the Sainsbury's freshly made pizzas are great! Vegetable Supreme for me please, on thin crust!

So yeah bit of a long post, but what else do I do in life that is worth mentioning! lol!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 01:40 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Bury market £60 for all this and then veg n stuff on the market or aldi lasts me just under a month

Jesus f*cking Christ dude, you heard of colon cancer???
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
He's a body builder he needs all that protein! lol!
Thanks given by:
we dont have aldi/lidl round here...way too upper class annoyingly...

but in Hereford they were ace...good quality, better fruit/veg than sainsbugs, no boxes everywhere or rumaging, neat aisles, queues never longer than tesco/asda.

and lidl whiskey and wine is best on a budget. beats tesco/sainsbugs hands down. as does aldis brioche

only thing than peeved me was I kept having to buy bags coz I always forgot to bring the old ones with me!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2013, 07:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: only thing than peeved me was I kept having to buy bags coz I always forgot to bring the old ones with me!!!

True story..annoys me as well lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Wtaf is a continental tart? Rofl

Always find aldi/lidl fruit and veg goes off even quicker than the stuff I buy elsewhere, I dont have time to go shopping every other day and we eat a lot of greens, so its not an option. When i've bought it in the past the quality is as good as any other supermarket tbf. Also dont get what people are slating lidl/aldi for, the ones by me are perfectly fine.

Those complaining of cost: its worth checking out your local market - we used to get a months worth of meat for two for only £40, the key is splitting the portions in half before freezing them lol. That sounds like a recipe for a boring meal, but anyone whos been round for dinner knows we eat well. Wink The veg man would usually do us a weeks veg for well under a tenner too. Lidl supplied everything else, easily had a weeks shop for under £25 and I eat like a horse, a really f*cking big horse lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Asda for the mother f-ing win!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2013, 09:14 AM)silverzx Wrote: Asda for the mother f-ing win!

Bollox Trent...your dads cupboards for the win, free shopping lol

Thanks given by:
Totally agree with CJ and Poodle on the market, fresher, cheaper and you can haggle at the market. With meat I probably spend £30 in the farm shop and get about a third to a half of what CJ does but I don't eat chicken.
Thanks given by:
when we do get to the market, fruit/veg for two (ones a veggie!) for a tenner.
but at the mo, we overflowing with veg and fruit I grow for my job so...free Smile Smile Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The misses goes aldis now its great do get some treats from asda tho
Thanks given by:
Does my local kebab shop count? Tongue
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 12:10 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Totally agree with CJ and Poodle on the market, fresher, cheaper and you can haggle at the market. With meat I probably spend £30 in the farm shop and get about a third to a half of what CJ does but I don't eat chicken.

You don't eat chicken?!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 09:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 03:19 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: I recommend iceland...
Not because I work there. But it's cheap for but still really good quality! I've tried Lots of different stuff and loved it all.

Where i live I have at least 1 of every shop within 10 minute drive. So I've tried all all and price/quality is Iceland.

Mum always shops they're because discount Smile

Iceland good quality? You've gotta be shitting me! I used to go to Iceland but the savings are only because all of their stuff is disgusting processed bargain basement meat.

Aldi is Sainsbury's/Morrisons quality and it the price of Iceland products. Sure you have to rummage through boxes and queue at the long checkout but it's worth it for the quality and value.

Can't believe the amount of stick Aldi has got on here! They have excellent continental products which is way more luxury than what we have in this country! Like the continental tart for instance or the Italian ham.

Also surprised by the amount of Asda shoppers, if you look on PistonHeads Asda is a no no!

So yeah I basically use Sainsbury's and Aldi, considering I park outside a Sainsbury's store anyway so it's super convenient. And the Sainsbury's freshly made pizzas are great! Vegetable Supreme for me please, on thin crust!

So yeah bit of a long post, but what else do I do in life that is worth mentioning! lol!

Dude youll be suprised. It actually really good quality. Im very funny with the food I eat. But I havnt had anything bad from there...
Chicken dippers for example asda stuff looks and taste processed. Iceland acrually looks nice and taste good.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so from 1992 till 2010 i shopped at Tesco. Then in 2011 my first year at uni we went to Sainsburys. Then in 2012 to Tesco. And then it 2013 to Tesco. Now im back from uni I shop at Tesco. I also like Lidl and Aldi.
Thanks given by:
I drive to Asda, the missis comes out with a trolley. Job jobbed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lidls do a custard creme brioche, it is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just went into Waitrose today for a laugh; couldn't get myself to buy anything though, just not worth it!
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 10:44 PM)Connor Wrote: I drive to Asda, the missis comes out with a trolley. Job jobbed

So you're taxi then lol

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 12:10 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Totally agree with CJ and Poodle on the market, fresher, cheaper and you can haggle at the market. With meat I probably spend £30 in the farm shop and get about a third to a half of what CJ does but I don't eat chicken.

You don't eat chicken?!

Yep, none at all!
Pretty much entirely no poultry and no sea food or fish.

Not eaten poultry in 10 years (bar turkey at Christmas to keep my mum happy and the odd bit of chicken tikka out the rat and cat so you cant even call that chicken really)
I wont eat fish as I'm a secret animal welfareist and don't like the way its killed, effectively a slow and painful drowning.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 06:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yep, none at all! Pretty much entirely no poultry and no sea food or fish.

Not eaten poultry in 10 years (bar turkey at Christmas to keep my mum happy and the odd bit of chicken tikka out the rat and cat so you cant even call that chicken really) I wont eat fish as I'm a secret animal welfareist and don't like the way its killed, effectively a slow and painful drowning.

Didn't see you as an eco - activist, really :-P why no chicken though? And I hope you don't replace all the white meat and fish in a normal diet with red meat, cause you gon' die.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 11:44 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Didn't see you as an eco - activist, really :-P why no chicken though? And I hope you don't replace all the white meat and fish in a normal diet with red meat, cause you gon' die.

Yeah its weird but I am, try and make sure most of my stuff is ethically sourced.
I just kinda went off chicken, no particular reason but its an annoying animal, the battery farm stuff is cruel and alot of it is full of water or growth hormones. I don't like the taste, the texture, cooking it, touching it etc so I just don't buy it (the bonus of living alone) I don't replace it with red meat as such, probably only have meat every other day but I tend to eat huge vegetable portions and not so much meat
Thanks given by:
I like sainsburys or morrisons... Then again I'm happy to shop about with different offers and It depends on where I am and what's on my way to places... As for meat and fruit and veg, I'll be going to market/butchers when me and Danny are in our own place again hopefully next year, until then I leave it up to my mother to buy it, being vegetarian for the past ten years I don't really know what I'm looking for in meat..
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 08:20 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote: I don't really know what I'm looking for in meat..

I think Danny does.....
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 08:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-09-2013, 08:20 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote: I don't really know what I'm looking for in meat..

I think Danny does.....

lmao

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 10:44 PM)Connor Wrote: I drive to Asda, the missis comes out with a trolley. Job jobbed

Don't you find women buy loads of shit you don't need?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 09:51 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Don't you find women buy loads of shit you don't need?

I dont care, ill eat/make use of it somehow Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know much about body shop prices Orta 7 2,076 04-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Last Post: toseland
  We have a shop! Niall 34 11,184 26-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Shiny
  photo shop request please daniel909 18 3,576 25-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb