The Airbag and you...For MOT !!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Airbag and you...For MOT !!
(19-07-2013, 07:15 PM)Niall Wrote: There not difficult to fix at all. 9 times out of 10, its just a case of cutting off the plugs on the seats and soldering! Airbags rarely go wrong

Exactly this, usually ten minutes with a small screwdriver fixes the problem.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I thought that Connor but I took the dash out today and there was clearly a missing bulb and I looked underneath and it says air bag quite clearly
Thanks given by:
Ignore that Stephen Peugeot do that to save money having to make multiple dials. Mine have the water in diesel filter warning light...Errr don't think that applies to my car lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I thought that, but then it's got marks where a bulb used to be there, which is odd
Thanks given by:
Pop one in, see what happens? Lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah probably should of, it's all back together now though!
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2013, 02:33 PM)Stephen Wrote: Yeah probably should of, it's all back together now though!

ahhh this is the thread for me!! So I have constant light on now. its just failed its MOT, im not interested in the airbag working anyhow my 306 is also a 98 reg so in theory I don't need a light on full stop. can i just start hacking at the cables below my seat or do I need to go cutting elsewhere? thanks. Steve
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2013, 09:31 AM)steveizz Wrote:
(20-07-2013, 02:33 PM)Stephen Wrote: Yeah probably should of, it's all back together now though!

ahhh this is the thread for me!! So I have constant light on now. its just failed its MOT, im not interested in the airbag working anyhow my 306 is also a 98 reg so in theory I don't need a light on full stop. can i just start hacking at the cables below my seat or do I need to go cutting elsewhere? thanks. Steve

I had this fella! Change the connectors for bullet or spade ones and it should be fine, failing that tap cully up for his mod - a pair of those should get the light out and problem solved Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2013, 11:05 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(27-07-2013, 09:31 AM)steveizz Wrote:

I had this fella! Change the connectors for bullet or spade ones and it should be fine, failing that tap cully up for his mod - a pair of those should get the light out and problem solved Wink

thanks will do, just so i am clear do i have to take the driving seat out and take swap the connector about under the seat or is there an easier way? just checked out the drivers seat and it seems a bit tricky to remove.
Thanks given by:
Well you won't be able to do it with the seat in, so remove it and then it's easy access!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
i changed the seats in my phase 2, for seats from a phase 3, they didnt have the connectors so my airbag light was on all the time. I took the bulb out for MOT and i got an advisory for it not coming on, but didnt fail
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Lol one of my mates had a problem with his airbag light on his astra it stayed on and was informed it would be a fail if it didnt turn off so he took off the clocks removed the bulb and connected a bulb to the (i) light cus that goes off after engine is started and passed its mot with that lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
airbag . . .what airbag? . . . . Angel
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Engine management lights are another issue mind.

Apparently it HAS to come on when ignition is turned too, and MUST turn off once the car is started.

Basically its to catch people taking bulbs out...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Niall, what resistors did you use to remove the seat airbags from the equation?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
whistle
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290954729451
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 04:32 PM)cully Wrote: whistle
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290954729451

Money in the side eh cully Wink

Thanks given by:
Just order a few of those resistors, hopin they actually work. Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 03:49 PM)KrisCampbell Wrote: Just order a few of those resistors, hopin they actually work. Wink

i best pack them up and go to the post office tomorrow then Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 04:07 PM)cully Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 03:49 PM)KrisCampbell Wrote: Just order a few of those resistors, hopin they actually work. Wink

Selling many of these then cully ??

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 10:38 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 04:07 PM)cully Wrote:

Selling many of these then cully ??

1 or 2 but its been quiet this week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not mot month then lol

Thanks given by:
Cully, is the one you've linked to for use anywhere on a HDi? As in pretensioner, or side airbag light, plug in under the seat, or at the ecu in front of the gearstick?

I need to frig my brothers light for MOT before Dec.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 08:36 AM)C2K Wrote: Cully, is the one you've linked to for use anywhere on a HDi? As in pretensioner, or side airbag light, plug in under the seat, or at the ecu in front of the gearstick?

I need to frig my brothers light for MOT before Dec.

yes it will replace any of the bags or pretensioners
it will only work only if you have a working system less bag or belt tensioner it wont magicly fix broken looms duff plug connections or duff airbag ECU's

1.8ohm i have found works on my Ph3 HDI and on a ph2
Thanks given by:
Thanks, i'll order a set. Can't remember what PP was complaining about when i scanned his car at the time. I might PM you for advice next time I see him.
Thanks given by: