30-60mph in 3rd times??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30-60mph in 3rd times??
Not bad piggy considering its on a stock blower too!!

Tom theres a clear issue with that bud, it looks 'numb' until it gets on boost which is around 3k!! Hopefully its just a sensor and nothing too serious like sticky vanes

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 02:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: 0-60 is roughly 5seconds
i think the 0-70 is about 7.3seconds

lol

I think you mean 30-60 and 30-70, for a minute i was like :O wow!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^haha! yeah fail!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yer defo not bad at all piggy, was there a big difference between the 9mm and 11mm when you changed?

Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 12:19 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: What was that big smash noise as it came on boost?!

It was a speedhump on an industrial site.....I underestimated the length of time it'd take to reach the redline! lmao

(09-04-2013, 02:41 PM)Arron Wrote: Tom theres a clear issue with that bud, it looks 'numb' until it gets on boost which is around 3k!! Hopefully its just a sensor and nothing too serious like sticky vanes

Yup there is indeed. Dangerously laggy atm as I cant get a quick pull away from junctions/roundabouts etc. And uphill underload it just looses speed as theres no low down power, and brings on the engine elctrics light (a car with a spanner...which I assumed was the service light lol, damn confusing Vx!).

Its brought up a fault code of 'intake air leak' which is nice and vauge but atleast it's a start. Gonna try cleaning the boost (MAP) sensor, check the EGR and part blank it (although it was new last year), check vacuum and boost hoses for tightness and leaks and hope one of those fixes it. If not, I hope it isn't the dreaded swirlflaps....it'll be up for sale if it is that lol.
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 03:37 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: yer defo not bad at all piggy, was there a big difference between the 9mm and 11mm when you changed?

HUUUUUGE!

it was like a diff engine....once I had tuned it in
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 05:38 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 03:37 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: yer defo not bad at all piggy, was there a big difference between the 9mm and 11mm when you changed?

HUUUUUGE!

it was like a diff engine....once I had tuned it in

Oh might be worth looking in to for mine then if there is that much of a difference

Thanks given by:
I've been mulling this over and thinking I really need to get a 10 or 11mm head. Such major EGT's at the mo and to put it simply I just don't think the fuel's getting injected in time, hence my smoke on boost. Will play with the advance slightly but think at least a 10mm is needed for comfort
Thanks given by:
my 11mm on standard turbo and tmic is overkill tbh

but my 9mm broke and I had it in the garage!

you have to learn how to drive again though...drive it like the 9mm and you get 30mpg and a constant smoke screne
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thing is the 11mm is much more comfortable at its given injection duration than say a 9mm at the same fuelling quantities.

How's the idle and part throttle?
Thanks given by:
idle is a little high, but stable, starts out at 800rpm, then after a minute or so settles at 1000rpm. once fully warm about 1100rpm.

but high tbh, but its on veg so its ok I guess. the person who built the pump removed the hot/cold idle adjustment which I find annoying to be honest.

Part throttle is fine. its just when you munch it that the black death is seen behind you!

Cant believe you haven't gone for pump upgrade yet mate, that gt2056s is getting bored!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In process of building an 11mm, just playing with few internal mod ideas atm Smile but thinking of investing in aquamist kit with the egts im going to be hitting
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im thinking that I need to budget some funds now for oil temp/pressure and EGT gauges...2.1 plus 11mm pump plus Gt2056s...

think I will be wanting to keep an eye on things
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 08:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: idle is a little high, but stable, starts out at 800rpm, then after a minute or so settles at 1000rpm. once fully warm about 1100rpm.

but high tbh, but its on veg so its ok I guess. the person who built the pump removed the hot/cold idle adjustment which I find annoying to be honest.

Part throttle is fine. its just when you munch it that the black death is seen behind you!

Cant believe you haven't gone for pump upgrade yet mate, that gt2056s is getting bored!

To be honest I need a bigger pump more for my head's reliability than power. The GT seems to flow ok but not as dramatic as I thought it might be, only blowing at 24psi just now and smoking on boost, but max fuel is pretty much maxed out and i'm sure i'm injecting out of the timing window now as temperatures are soaring on boost.
Thanks given by:
but 24psi on the gt2056 is pretty much at max efficiency...will it really provide much more power with more psi?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it's not got much more flow then i'll be sorely disappointed. Will empty the car out of all my tools etc and see what the timed runs are like but so far i'm a bit *meh*
Thanks given by:
ive been fine tuning the lda setup on the sedan over the last couple of days, i think ive got it about as good as its going to get on a 9mm pump. il have a go at taking a vid on the way to work 2moz
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: If it's not got much more flow then i'll be sorely disappointed. Will empty the car out of all my tools etc and see what the timed runs are like but so far i'm a bit *meh*

surely though a zillion psi doesnt mean a zillion bhp?!

getting the fueling right so it spools up quickly and holds on boost is the aim surely, or am I talking out of my gearbox drain plug?!

and, tell us, what happens when a gt2056s goes beyond 30psi?! Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2013, 09:44 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 09:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: If it's not got much more flow then i'll be sorely disappointed. Will empty the car out of all my tools etc and see what the timed runs are like but so far i'm a bit *meh*

surely though a zillion psi doesnt mean a zillion bhp?!

getting the fueling right so it spools up quickly and holds on boost is the aim surely, or am I talking out of my gearbox drain plug?!

and, tell us, what happens when a gt2056s goes beyond 30psi?! Wink

True, but so far i'm not overly impressed. Spools quickly yes,but I think in my mind i'm expecting it to pull further up the revs. Tbh I need to get used to driving the new blower instead of the T2 that I used to rev the shit out of. Might well find it much quicker to be changing gear at 4k instead of 5k+ given that it's coming on boost by only 2krpm.
Thanks given by:
but with a 11mm...you should gain that top end you are missing now surely?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah it's producing enough fuel, but durations are the issue here. Can squeeze a few more psi out of the blower and still be safe, but it's still smoking on boost, pretty sure that's down to duration rather than quantity of fuel injected as the max fuel screw's nearly maxed and the turbo should be flowing plenty to cleanly burn the fuel.
Thanks given by:
Have you advanced the pump pellowe?

I've got some terrible videos of a friends vrs doing 30 - 70. It feels faster than mine but when side by side there's little to nowt between them. his feels like it has more torque, also the MPH gauge is weird on them, on them gauges 70mph is where 100 is on a 306 so the needle moves Mega quick if that makes sense...

Apologies for the quality!! Party due to how his gauges light up, we think its mapped but there's no proof, it also smokes a little bit out back, does anyone else think that's more than 130bhp

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
were you dancing at same time as holding the camera?!

no idea mate about how quick...cant see when its at 30 or 70...know what you mean about the needle speed though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The cars lowered and the torque pulls you about in your seat. I make it around 6 seconds 30 - 70 on the second video. Surely that's not stock

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
My Hdi used to pull me back in the seat too.....the height adjuster was broken when I got it so the seat was always on the move. lol
Thanks given by:
Going to advance the pump a bit more today and see what happens, its already about 2/3 advanced though so cant really add much more or itll start fuelling pre-bdc
Thanks given by:
Tom you bought a 'trap, so glad we didnt pursuade you to keep old of it!!!! And because the vaux is proving to be a pillar of reliability ayyye?!

Very true pellowe i forgot about that, looks like a bit of fiddlings required.

Actually he popped a boost gauge on the vrs a few week ago but took it off as he needs to route it into the cabin properly... boosts up to 30 psi which isnt normal is it? and hes not sure why, meh if it isnt broke and goes like that....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Took a couple of vids in the sedan on a private road this morning:

i make this to be 30-70 in 6 seconds, just kept my foot planted upto 100. the pause at 84 is changing into 4th gear

also did a 0-80 vid for lols
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
that makes me very excited about sorting my 2.1!!!!!

thats ace on 9mm n standard blower....man I can only imagine how the 11mm n gt2056 will change it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2013, 09:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: that makes me very excited about sorting my 2.1!!!!!

thats ace on 9mm n standard blower....man I can only imagine how the 11mm n gt2056 will change it

it certainly needs more fuel, once you reach 4k at 19psi you can feel it starting to slow down simply because the pump cant meet the demand lol.
dont know if my phone picked it up very well but there was a lot of wheelspin in those vids haha.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50-80 acceleration times. daveylennon93 17 3,797 17-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: kelvsere
  Sad Times Are Sad c.gerrard 15 3,241 30-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  probably been asked a million times before... LewisG306 3 1,508 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Piggy