changing a cam shaft in xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing a cam shaft in xud
basically not something I've ever looked at but need to change the camshaft to later style xud one to be able to relocate the vac,

any advice help what the f*ck I need to do? cheers
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 10:51 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: basically not something I've ever looked at but need to change the camshaft to later style xud one to be able to relocate the vac,

any advice help what the f*ck I need to do? cheers

In a word.... Don't. I ended up changing the whole head after I snapped my cam..

Pain in the ass as all the components / surfaces are mated and don't like new parts.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
hmmm if I'm doing that may aswell drop a 1.9 in, cost wise anyway, was hoping to see what I can do with the 1.8 though
Thanks given by:
Anyone else got any input/ advice?
Thanks given by:
Try putting an xud one in, lubing everything up and torquing to the specified poundage. I have changed cams before and not had an issue, many people seem to overtighten (think haynes says 15ftlb) the retaining braces though which cause no end of wear/issues. Make sure you keep the same retainign braces too as their matched/all ground as a set. Once in, move the pistons down in your engine (as to not foul valves - remember how to put it back again though) and then spin over with a 16mm spanner to check the tightness, see if its similar to your previous cam, if not then the tolerances not be working in your favour.... Sad
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No problems at all Joe changing the cam...changing the caps is where the problem is or over tighening the bolts...just makes bearings pick up / cam break....the XUD 9 cam will fit your xud7 but cant reember if the pump bolts on / oil feed is there?

Tbh id just drop an XU9 in it....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
nice one cheers Dave, is annoying only want to be able to fit a vac pump on the end of the damn thing! bit worried I may kill it though bit more then I've played with before.

Will search around do a bit more reading I reckon

pump will bolt on grabbed one from scrappy the other day and eyed it up, bolt holes are all there, and think need to remove an allen key to open oil feed,

well it seemed a cheaper/easier option to keep the 1.8 in there and the engine seems so good seems a shame to scrap it
Thanks given by:
Ah yeh if the allen keyd brass fitting is there ur fine Smile Bets on it rounding out Tongue if it does just drill hole in it for oil flow Tongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
its sounding an easier job to drop a xud9 in ....
Thanks given by:
If you need an XU9 I think i might know of one being broken.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
oh really? this sounds interesting, if you could find out that would be amazing
Thanks given by: