Reshelling into a perv...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reshelling into a perv...
So what would i need from a hdi to reshell into a perv...

im thinking fuel tank, fuel lines, engine and mounts, driveshafts... anything else i havnt thought about...

Obviously this is including exhaust/dials/ecu

ninja
Thanks given by:
Diesel tank might be a better idea.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol! shhhh
Thanks given by:
Nah, you can literally drain the old tank of perv, drop in a HDi fuel sender/pump, replace the filler neck and lines and off you go.

Driveshafts are the same, engine mounts are the same, just pull out a HDi engine and it drops in. I did it XU10 to XUD9 and it was easy tbh, few little bits need adjusting. Looms should just plug straight in, BSI and ECU may have a paddy at the immobilizer, but long as the ECU is unlocked you're fine.

Exhaust, infact Petrol dials will actually work with a HDi - just that it goes to 8k but obviously it'll only go to 5k lol, gear rod etc is all the same, clutch cable I'm not actually sure for HDi, but just convert to an XU/D flywheel and clutch setup and use a proper pull clutch, not this shitty push style HDi clutch purely for lightness. Cooling system will need converting, but long as you've got a whole HDi donor car, you've got everything you need.

Long as you have the two whole, complete cars, you have everything you need to convert.

It's essentially plug and play other than the fuel tank, but the tank is the same, just needs bits changing.

I rekon it'll take you another 3-4 hours on top of a normal engine swap.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 12:09 AM)Ruan Wrote: Nah, you can literally drain the old tank of perv, drop in a HDi fuel sender/pump, replace the filler neck and lines and off you go.

Driveshafts are the same, engine mounts are the same, just pull out a HDi engine and it drops in. I did it XU10 to XUD9 and it was easy tbh, few little bits need adjusting. Looms should just plug straight in, BSI and ECU may have a paddy at the immobilizer, but long as the ECU is unlocked you're fine.

Exhaust, infact Petrol dials will actually work with a HDi - just that it goes to 8k but obviously it'll only go to 5k lol, gear rod etc is all the same, clutch cable I'm not actually sure for HDi, but just convert to an XU/D flywheel and clutch setup and use a proper pull clutch, not this shitty push style HDi clutch purely for lightness. Cooling system will need converting, but long as you've got a whole HDi donor car, you've got everything you need.

Long as you have the two whole, complete cars, you have everything you need to convert.

It's essentially plug and play other than the fuel tank, but the tank is the same, just needs bits changing.

I rekon it'll take you another 3-4 hours on top of a normal engine swap.

Thats incredible! Just made the decision a whole lot easier!

Have got lots of money in the clutch, but ill hang onto said donor vehicles gubbins for future. Think im getting a bad ankle from the heavy clutch in the hdi tbf!!

Thanks for the post ruan.
Thanks given by:
I want a hdi cabby so bad!!!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could you use pp2k to sort out any imobiliser/ecu/bsi problems?
Thanks given by:
It's a super easy swap to be fair - it's incredible compared to a 106 which has like 60 different wiring variations how standardized the ph3 wiring on the engine loom side is!

The HDi engine actually returns VERY little to the chassis - apart from the BSI Immob feed, everything else isn't needed or is identical - all the starting/charging and warning lamps are the same, Ph3 cars the dials work the same (only one I'm not 100% on is the DW8), temperature sensors sometimes need changing for the dials to read correctly - though I think that was more the fact I had jammed random sensors in to bung holes when I did the conversion!

If you need a hand with anything give me a shout Smile

Ah - only thing that needs playing with is the brake servo vac hose - but just pull it off the HDi complete and the whole lot just drops on. Heater matrix pipes IIRC are near the same as a petrol on a HDi.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
sounds easier and easier! Think if i take everything mechanical of the hdi then it will be a simple job, would make whatever money back on whatever the shell/complete car costs anyway.
Thanks given by:
Derv cabby FTMFW!

Wish I had the space to do this!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Better be a 3 door Wink
Thanks given by:
That's the only reason!
Thanks given by:
you gunna man up and strip it out then now Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 07:00 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: you gunna man up and strip it out then now Tongue

This...

Don't be a sweaty wrinkled piss stained old man and strip the b*stard.
Thanks given by:
I think that ^^^ pretty much covers it. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: