Head rebuild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head rebuild
I've started to look into rebuilding my head after the HG went. Looking on euro car parts and I'm really confused with all the gaskets

Can someone help me out please

http://www.eurocarparts.com/car-gasket-seals
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/c...223&000173

That will be fine for a headgasket. 3notch will be fine too.

You will need head studs (about £30) and a head set (also about £30) which includes all your water seals and injector seals and such.

Highly recommended to pressure test and skim the head too.

Edit can you see the link?

Part number if not.. Part No.: 366545380
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Thanks buddy Smile

Thanks given by:
I would get better head studs, if you intend to keep boosting a td04.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2013, 10:33 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I would get better head studs, if you intend to keep boosting a td04.

Obviously if funds allow. Do this... I'm pretty sure it's why my HG blew. And if your planning to do the K03s or GT route you were talking about then it would be a definite!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Where would I get better head studs from though?

Thanks given by:
(25-02-2013, 10:41 PM)David Wrote: Where would I get better head studs from though?

ARP?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Need to speak to Ruan, Darren, ash maybe James.

Think it's mi-16 bolts with specially made spacers. (Please research this or ask someone)
Thanks given by:
do some research on the headgaskets...

lots of thicknesses available...so its to your preference really
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get a straight bar on the head and see if its actually warped... if not then it will be fine... the gasket can take upto 2 thou anyway, but this is only if the head goes due to no actual water in it... normally it just lifts slightly due to cylinder pressures over time and breaks away from the gasket causing pressurisation not from frying the head - obviously make sure you clean the head properly first though if you go down this route, but you'll save yourself £25 on a skim which could be unnecessary.

Also, I wouldnt worry about getting arp/uprated studs unless your running post 30psi boost, and if you're doing this then your HG is not your biggest worry. The stock studs are fine if you're just on a bogo 9mm pump/wastegated blower, just trying to save you a few pennies.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 08:56 PM)Dave Wrote: about getting arp/uprated studs unless your running post 30psi boost, and if you're doing this then your HG is not your biggest worry. The stock studs are fine if you're just on a bogo 9mm pump/wastegated blower, just trying to save you a few pennies.

+1

Still on standard head bolts and touch wood no signs of pressurisation yet, then again i'm not running silly boost, most i've taken it up to is 24psi at the mo.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D8a rebuild Head gasket and headbolts? Andy325i 2 1,518 22-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Andy325i