Help please with Bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please with Bosch pump
Well the story starts after the k14 died. The car stayed for about 5 mounths. Finally found another k14 and a bosch pump + injectors very cheap to swap de lucas pump. All from a xud7 bx. Had a lot of work to fit the bosch pump and make the car to run. Found a t2 and mounted it on to see how it runs with bosch and xud7. The actuator is probably stuck. The boost gauge was reading at some point around 1.4bars.

The problem is the car is runing like crap. Even my stock xud9 with k14 runs faster. It's runing constantly at 1.2bars. Turned around the lda pin, some more fuel, played a little with the timing and nothing. The engine with the k14 and lucas at 1.5bars was far more faster. There is boost, there is fuel (smoke) but car still goes like crap.

At cold takes a little longer to start, idles but a lot of blue smoke when accelerating and kinda missfires. When it's warn runs ok but still low on power.

What's this thing doing? There is a wire coming out from it but i didn't connect it to anything.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=21248&stc=1&d=1317297729]
Thanks given by:
Did you change over the injectors for bosch ones?
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Yes
Thanks given by:
that thing in the pic is the cold start advance, the wire is supposed to be connected to the glow plugs, its not needed tho, you possibly need to advance the timing a bit, if not then the valve stem seals or piston rings are fubar
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me either the pump needs advancing, the timing could be out a tooth or that you have a knackered injector.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Have a look in my thread " td not starting" iv had the same problem thers loads of things to try. I haven't fixed mine yet but I think it's the pump that's failed
[Image: blazejpg1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,398 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,969 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby