First day fo the rest of my life (redundancy)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First day fo the rest of my life (redundancy)
So today is the day.

I have known it was coming for a short while, but now I am almost 100% sure today is my last day at work.

My mum has already gone home as she is really upset that the new company boss is making me and my brother redundant.

We have both been here for over 6 years, me 8 years in total but will only get money for 6 as I left for a year and then came back.

Already started looking for new jobs, had a few offers for interviews, but really need to wait to make sure today is the day.

Anyone who knows me, will know how much I have enjoyed working here, and it looks like it is a hard decision for everyone involved.

I wish the company luck, and I have no idea how they will cope with us gone, but they will get through it.

Lets hope I find something that is both as interesting and well paid.
Thanks given by:
Christ mate, thats awful... best of luck on the job hunt, how annoying to lose that job. t'was a good'n

xx
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that mate Sad Good luck in the Search for a new job.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Hard lines fella, i know a few people in the same boat as you atm . . . . .what was it that you do for them? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
As said on the other forum mate, hope you find something soon!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sales Manager for the UK & US and all other English speaking countries.

They need to make cuts to save money and me and bro, are the only ones they can cut without losing an operational manager or someone who builds stuff.

Problem of having a small work force.

All will be good in the end.
Thanks given by:
seems crazy because without the sales personnel, nothing gets shifted, so they can build all they want...

hmm would be interesting to see what happens the company.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
It will be fine, me and my bro have build up a great network of current and old retailers in the UK, Amazon, John Lewis, Heals, Conran. To name a few, all they need is managing and showing new stuff to.

We have found a number of foreign distributors, Austrialia, Germany, Scandinavia, Japan, Spain, Italy, Asia.

I have a small network in the US, but that needs growing along with new markets like India, and China.

The new MD will look after the main bulk of the Distributors and my mum and her assistant will look after the rest til they can replace us. (They will be very busy doing all this stuff)
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks, least you've got offers of interviews tho. Thats always the hardest bit and hopefully get a bit of a redudancy package?
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
I am not sure on the final figure yet, but if I can get a new job inside a month, I will have a very nice healthy bank balance lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that mate, it sounded like a great job. Hopefully on to something even better though eh?

Best of luck Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
IIRC its a weeks pay for every year youve been there and its tax free, thats the legal minimum so IIRC you were on more money than me a year probably meaning youll get £700 for each of the 6 years making £4200 if my maths is right
Thanks given by:
Close dumdum. It's only for each full year and I am in my sixth (unlucky) lol

2500 redundancy
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:Close dumdum. It's only for each full year and I am in my sixth (unlucky) lol

2500 redundancy

That sounds way too low mate, I thought you were on about £35k
Thanks given by:
That doesn't sound like much for 6 years service, I got nearly that when I got made redundant as a pub manager, and I was on 16k with 2 years service...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
hope everything turns out ok mate, i lost my job on christmas day. what a present!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Good luck for the future bud, gutted for you
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
good luck in finding a new job mate,
the way the world is your going to need it.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol I dont need luck, just to work hard.

I did not mention notice period, holiday and consult fee, so its much more.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear this mark. If you get desperate for work, (which I'm sure you will find a job soon) then give us a shout as we have loads of jobs going at our place at the moment. Offices are in new Milton which I know is a fair way from you but it's a possibility....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that mate good luck with finding a new job
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ah that sucks mark!
lets hope you get a job soon, we need someone to spend too much on a DT Tongue lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol don't worry that will continue Phil. Especially if I get a job soon lol.

Dish alloys, maybe updated rods, plus canon 1d mk2.
Thanks given by:
<3 Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that bud, sure you'll be reet though. If you're getting interviews already you're doing better than the vast majority, best of luck in your search, hope you find something that suits you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sparky marky...what a shit!!! I've got my pubes crossed for you though fella Wink

Seriously mate that's a shitter but I've known you for a few yrs and you're a determined little basta*d so you will get a job soon Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
lol thanks for that. Great description lol "determined little bastard.

Should be on my profile lol.
Thanks given by:
You're welcome Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head rest camera mount. Diggers 8 2,205 23-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Diggers