GT2538C suitability.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2538C suitability.
I'm guessing the compressor wheels too small for any decent power?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
IMO it would be too laggy for any type of efficiency, unless you can get some serious top end fuelling.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Whats it off?

(But yes a 38mm compressor is tiny.)
Thanks given by:
GT25 hotside with 38mm compressor sounds pretty rubbish for our motors?

EDIT it's used on 2.9L OM602 diesel Mercedeseses. Only 122bhp from a 2.9, you want more of a smaller engined turbo petrol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is one of the confusions of the old T series to GT series naming scheme - it's a T series centre cartridge, GT series Turbine, but a T series compressor. Though the turbine is actually quite rare as it's a GT series turbine with a 6.0mm shaft, most GTs from GT15-25 frame are 5.0mm.

Which means it's a 6 blade 52.10mm compressor, it is essentially a "T25" wheel - i.e. Saab 900 style compressor, though they're a 54mm 5 blade, though same generation etc.

The 38 in GT2538C comes from the compressor INDUCER size (38.8mm inducer, 52.10mm exducer).

If you go by the new generation naming it's a GT2552C.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for clarifying that Ruan, should be ok then?

Also the C means it has a ceramic turbine? Is this a good thing?

Edit:

"Ceramic turbine blades are lighter than the steel blades used in most turbochargers. Again, this allows the turbine to spin up to speed faster, which reduces turbo lag."

It would be an upgrade from a T25 I'd of thought.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: