May have found a replacement for the Fiesta! =D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May have found a replacement for the Fiesta! =D
The Fiesta is too small realistically for me and I'm sick of having boy racers coming up my arse and trying to race (which I can only put down to the fact that I'm a male driving a Fiesta lol). Soooo after visiting a few garages the general idea of a price that I've been getting quoted for the Fiesta is around £4000. I've been on the lookout for something bigger and more "mature"....and one of the things I have come across which I'm actually really excited about is................:

[Image: volvooo.jpg]
[Image: volvooo2.jpg]

I know it wont be to everyones taste but I have always really liked Volvos, although I'm still undecided on getting a saloon as I like practicality, and the boot design does limit this somewhat. 2005 Volvo S40, has 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, 2.0 TD, 57mpg combined and 62+ on a run, quite cheap tax, 90k miles, and a hell of a lot higher spec that the Fiesta (as Volvos generally are, electric everthing, etc).

In a garage for £4595 which is a bit higher than what I've been looking for, but can always knock him down to £4000 or borrow the extra.

Any guys have experience with these?
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good! Id be too tempted to buy a nice 6 , pay off the insurance and a bit for fuel then have a holiday for the 4k lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Looks good! Id be too tempted to buy a nice 6 , pay off the insurance and a bit for fuel then have a holiday for the 4k lol

A '6 would bankrupt me going to work and back every day lol....insurance is pretty good too as I'm 25 this year, and my renewal for the Fiesta is just under £400 FC and would be just over £500 FC for the Ovlov
Thanks given by:
Nah i like it actually. Bit of an old man reputation but theyre good cars!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Nah i like it actually. Bit of an old man reputation but theyre good cars!

Yeah my mother said it's a bit of an old mans car, but to be honest I don't drive fast, I'm not interested in having something sporty, just want a nice, comfortable, economical and reliable car to cruise to work and back in, and it ticks all the boxes.
Thanks given by:
I love these volvos!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:I love these volvos!

Me too dude. The 2011 S60s are drop dead gorgeous but they're still like £15k+, so a bit out of my league for now...another thing I love is the floating centre console on them....will try find a pic now
Thanks given by:
Or you could get an Octy VRS like mine...

I know what your gonna say but it's as well built as the Volvo, just as reliable, far more practical with the hatchback and HUGE boot, 180 bhp with potential to see 230-240 bhp easily, 30 mpg round town and 45 mpg on a run, it'll hold it's value far better, and most importantly...

YOU COULD GET 2 FOR THAT PRICE!!! :o
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice craig

i'm in two minds what to do myself, I want to get the sigma fixed, but I cant help but feel like it's an old banger when i drive it, even though the astra is old it feels so much nicer to drive Sad

tempted by a bertone astra coupe but mpg always takes me back to a 306...
Thanks given by:
[Image: volvooodash2.jpg]

The centre console "waterfall" section.....looks awesome with nothing behind it
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Or you could get an Octy VRS like mine...

I know what your gonna say but it's as well built as the Volvo, just as reliable, far more practical with the hatchback and HUGE boot, 180 bhp with potential to see 230-240 bhp easily, 30 mpg round town and 45 mpg on a run, it'll hold it's value far better, and most importantly...

YOU COULD GET 2 FOR THAT PRICE!!! :o

Buuuut the fact that you can buy two just shows how fast they depreciate in comparison, and 45mpg on a run is way too low for what I need, that would probably equate to somewhere in the 30s mixed driving! Although in your defence they are nice cars, and I will definitely agree with you on the boot size/practicality!!
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:Very nice craig

i'm in two minds what to do myself, I want to get the sigma fixed, but I cant help but feel like it's an old banger when i drive it, even though the astra is old it feels so much nicer to drive Sad

tempted by a bertone astra coupe but mpg always takes me back to a 306...

To be honest after driving the Fiesta, a 55plate 307 estate and my dads focus, I dread to think what it would be like going back to a ph1 306 lol. I bet my clutch leg has turned into a ponce!

One piece of advice I will give though is avoid finance on a car, or if you are going to do make very very sure that your going to be happy to drive it for the 3/4/5 years the finance will last. I made the mistake of being blinded by the uber cheap running costs and overlooking the fact it's really small, and now I'm stuck with the finance now. At least with the Volvo I'd be a lot more happy to have it long term and its not far off just as cheap to run
Thanks given by:
Craig-o Wrote:Buuuut the fact that you can buy two just shows how fast they depreciate in comparison, and 45mpg on a run is way too low for what I need, that would probably equate to somewhere in the 30s mixed driving! Although in your defence they are nice cars, and I will definitely agree with you on the boot size/practicality!!

The depreciation isn't bad at all mate, it's a 10 year old car remember. I have a very sensible theory on why you should buy a VRS if you'd care to scroll down a little....

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARPTSCHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mrgreen:
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
Craig-o Wrote:Buuuut the fact that you can buy two just shows how fast they depreciate in comparison, and 45mpg on a run is way too low for what I need, that would probably equate to somewhere in the 30s mixed driving! Although in your defence they are nice cars, and I will definitely agree with you on the boot size/practicality!!

The depreciation isn't bad at all mate, it's a 10 year old car remember. I have a very sensible theory on why you should buy a VRS if you'd care to scroll down a little....

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARPTSCHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mrgreen:

That must impress all the guys and gals at McDonalds carpark :violence-duel:

Tongue lol I kid
Thanks given by:
Looks nice! Always had a secret love for volvo's! Don't tell anyone!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL youll never have a problem with making people get out your way on the motorway if you do decide to speed, everyone moves out the way for these volvos, 5 series's and mondeos in case theyer unmarked police cars.

I might be wrong but arent these based on the mondeo chassis so theyll probably have the peugeot diesel engine
Thanks given by:
looks nice. had a couple of volvos over the years. both 850. one saloon and the best one was the 2.5 20v estate.

would love a 850r or the t5/t5r.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look pretty good imo..................well from outside anyway, until I saw that dash! Dont like the waterfall at all tbh.

Make sure its one you really want this time though!! Smile
Thanks given by:
my friend has the upper model of this, the s60, thats a 2.3 iirc, and its lovely! large inside, quite rapid, massive boot somehow and generally looks REALLY nice. a very under-rated vehicle volvos.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
if your after a pratical boot why not go for the estate version?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I have looked at these but the estates always seem to have loads more miles on them than the saloons. And dum dum I'm pretty sure these share the chassis with the Ford Focus these days
Thanks given by:
Nice cars these. Really like Volvo's..especially the estate variants.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fiesta FAO danny bashbarnard 11 2,854 10-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Replacement car, thinking Fiesta DeeTurbo 16 3,755 23-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  NSFW fiesta ST ebay cully 20 4,950 03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam