Turbos - information

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbos - information
Quote:Hmmm, I'd be inclined to do the same if i had the money to throw at it, but i don't.

Don't think anyone has these days. That'll be my whole aim with this. Gradual progression of small steps which can be repeated independently, hopefully resulting in meaningful gains for as little money as possible.
Hopefully, being in the dismantling business will help with using standard parts off other cars/vans/trucks Big Grin
First aim: How much can be gained with the standard turbo and less than £200 spend...watch this space Idea
Thanks given by:
Standard HDi Garrett GT1544

Model: 454082-2
CHRA: 433289-116
Bearing: Journal

Compressor
Inducer: 32.9 mm
Exducer: 43.9 mm
Trim: 56
A/R 0.33

Turbine
Wheel: 42.2 mm
Trim: 58
A/R: 0.34

OR

Model: 454082-2
CHRA: 433289-50

Compressor
Inducer: 32.9 mm
Exducer: 43.9 mm
Trim: 56
A/R 0.33

Turbine
Wheel: 42.2 mm
Trim: 58
A/R: 0.35

Rover 2.0TD GT1548 (labeled GT1549)

Model: 466755-3
CHRA: 431876-93

Compressor
Inducer: 37.2 mm
Exducer: 48.0 mm
Trim: 60
A/R 0.48

Turbine
Wheel: 41.2 mm
Trim: 72
A/R: 0.35
Thanks given by:
I'm looking to upgrade my turbo, I'm in the standard 90bhp atm and was looking for the nest one really nothing too big I hear it's the gt15 was thinking what can you bolt straight on? I hear the gt17 does but I really want straight answers, cheers
Thanks given by:
Can we just get something clear; there is no such thing as a bolt on upgrade for the HDi. I think the gt15 is close but you're going to need adapter plates making up to fit anything bigger than the stock blower.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I see so would it be easier to make a custom manifold or get adapter plates I'm running 152bhp I wanna see 180bhp I just want people to point me in the right direction
Thanks given by:
Can you use V turbos? Cause I thought they were variable valve, with all this compression and shit im so confused! I I just want a bigger turbo than I've already got that will give me more power on Round about the same psi (21) so I don't strain it. I keep looking at td04 and obviously fuel rail and a map
Thanks given by:
You can, but you'll need it controlled and mapping in properly, which will cost. Why obviously a fuel rail, is your current one cracked?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ohhh I see! And I heard you had to get a bigger fuel rail (1600 bar) and I just want a decent enough turbo to go on adapter plates or custom manifold way doesn't bother me but I just haven't found a simple answer yet.
Thanks given by:
It sounds like you've picked up lots of tidbits of information and rumours, but nothing useful or cohesive. Have a look through the guide section, there's a lot of good information in there, should help explain some of the requirements. As per most unusual tuning, there is no simple answer, part and parcel i'm afraid fella.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-05-2014, 10:13 PM)Poodle Wrote: It sounds like you've picked up lots of tidbits of information and rumours, but nothing useful or cohesive. Have a look through the guide section, there's a lot of good information in there, should help explain some of the requirements. As per most unusual tuning, there is no simple answer, part and parcel i'm afraid fella.

Ahh right! Got ya mate I will do!
Thanks given by:
I think it's fair to say that with hdi tuning the first thing you need to do is take a step away from the car and read as much as possible, then have another go. People are always happy to help but nobody wants to spoon feed you (no disrespect haha)
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(31-05-2014, 12:41 PM)Poodle Wrote: You can, but you'll need it controlled and mapping in properly, which will cost. Why obviously a fuel rail, is your current one cracked?

ive been looking into vnts myself for my hdi, but cant find who does mapping for them?

do you know anyone poodle?
been looking and understand the need for extra wiring to ecu to control vaccuum actuator which i could run myself but need someone to do the mapping part.
Thanks given by:
Pro_steve can map in a vnt these days.

www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
anyone know what turbos are fitted to the 306 hdi estate and whether its possible/worth upgrading from the k03 and what will i need
Thanks given by:
Varies, gt15 or k03, seems to be fairly pot luck as to what you get. It's possible and worth it if you want more than 150bhp imo, you'll need to do a lot of reading lol. Can start in the guide section, there's a fair bit of info in the project section too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't want to sound like a drafty but what if so kkk turbo will fit a hdi 2.0 and would it be much better or what do you think? Cheers
Thanks given by:
Kkk is a turbo manufacturer, not a specific turbo. Some hdis came with a kkk k03 as standard. There is nothing that bolts directly on, you'll need adaptor plates and a custom downpipe.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
"I wanna fit 3x turbos to my Nissan Sunny, what three turbos would you recommend Poodle, how would you fit them and..." Jeeez!! Why wouldn't people read up on their car FIRST before asking questions, that have been asked over and over, in a Turbo Info thread????!!!!!! Dodgy

New guys, if you wanna fit a different turbo to your car it's engineering you wanna be revising first, then mechanics, then research...then asking questions. These questions have been asked a thousand times before and I guess they'll be asked a thousand times after.
"whats a straight swap?" - There is no straight swap unless you build a bloody engine that you can straight swap to. Even then there is no straight swap. Modifications follow upgrades follow modifications.

Please search and read threads, like in the guide sections, the answers to your questions lay there....If you can't find them THEN maybe start a new thread. Please be patient, I know reading can be a pain when patience is not one of your virtues but it's learning, and it helps Wink

*takes deep breath*

Sorry Poodle, Dum-Dum and anyone else who might be thinking what I am thinking, Please continue with information on turbos

Rant over, back at happy place now Sleepy
Wink
Thanks given by:
I hear poodle will also impart some of his magic onto your car if you speak nicely. The conversation should start "I have some money, I would like" haha.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah...erm, I kindda woke up in a bad mood and when I was reading through this very interesting thread, I flipped!

I regret posting that now, I'm being no different to the newbies junking up the thread Sad
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 03:18 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Lol yeah...erm, I kindda woke up in a bad mood and when I was reading through this very interesting thread, I flipped!

I regret posting that now, I'm being no different to the newbies junking up the thread Sad

Someone needs to go to anger management classes if posts on a forum make you that angry lol
Thanks given by:
Hahaha why do you think i don't post much in the mornings. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 03:18 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Lol yeah...erm, I kindda woke up in a bad mood and when I was reading through this very interesting thread, I flipped!

And you only joined last month Wink newbie
Thanks given by:
Just woke up to see these! I can feel the anger monkeys rising! ...

Lol, can be grumpy at times that's all Smile otherwise I'm laid back and chillaxed Wink

I am only a newb to this forum Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 07:03 PM)HDi--Power Wrote:

And you only joined last month Wink newbie

I did find that funny too lol finally gets 100 posts in less than a month, refers to others as 'newbies' lol
Thanks given by:
All right all right lol Smile I'm a noob Sad

I think yous guys are trying to turn me green Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Will this fit my Honda ?
Thanks given by:
lol

Have you got an interfooler on there already?
Thanks given by:
http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm

interesting reading!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: