Air con to Non Air con

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air con to Non Air con
Hello

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with converting from air con to non aircon.

I'm obviously guessing I need the non a/c belt and tensioner.

But what is involved, the PAS pump - will that have to be relocated etc?

Much appreciated,
Matt
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
iirc warlord had this and put a good description on how to do it on .net, i believe it was just a different belt and an extra tensioner without re-locating the pump - have a search and copy it over ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That was for a HDi though, so youd need a different belt than what he specified. But its pretty much just remove the pump then work out a decent enough route and get a belt to fit
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, i was planning on getting the non a/c belt and the non a/c tensioner (manual tensioner), and hoping for the best?
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
Well its not that simple, as the PS pump is down the bottom on non ac models, itd be much easier to just remove the pump, run a piece of string around the pulleys and measure the string, but bear in mind that the tensioner will be at its most furthest travel, so take 20mm off and then go into a motor factor and ask for a 6PK**** or the closest belt to that measurement
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Like the thinking, cheers for your help Connor!

Repped...oh wait :/ (New Internet Viral I reckon that saying is Tongue )
Thanks given by:
Oh actually just rememebered, it depends what sort of tensioner you have, whether it pushes or pulls on the belt for tension, so before you buy a belt, try and work it out in your head, its a complete mindfuck though, so be careful lol
Thanks given by:
you need to remove the bracket that holds the ps pump and ault to the block, and get one from a no A/c engine, the PS high pressure pipe is different but it will fit, the alternators are also different, so you will need a Ault, bracket, belt and tensioner,
Thanks given by:
Ah. So ghey.

Hmm...I reckon plan of action, manual tensioner, and try and work out with some string (as Connor says) the length.

Does the manual tensioner push or pull? (non ac tensioner)
Thanks given by:
on the ones iv done they pull, but they will only mount to the correct bracket

[Image: !B7y-b2QBmk~%24(KGrHqV,!gsEy182,0!KBM1ToJ0b0Q~~0_35.JPG]
Thanks given by:
This is getting gheyer. Was hoping all of the tensioners would hold on any kinda 306 bracket.

Hmm...im only doing this as my a/c is broke, and ive gotta take aux belt off, to take compressor off, to take sump off and I hear that the a/c tensioning is also a bummer, so was hoping to bypass the ghey tensioning and also get rid of whats not needed. Hmm...decisions.
Thanks given by:
if you do it by changing the bracket you also need to cut the lugs for the ac pump off the sump so that the ault will clear it
Thanks given by: