Car Scrappers With HIAB in SE London/North Kent?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Scrappers With HIAB in SE London/North Kent?
Finished breaking my 306 and need the shell taken away, the place I used before only take those that can roll. This has no wheels and an empty engine bay, pretty much just the shell.

So will need to be lifted away not dragged like the last one. Know of anyone that offers this?

Would find a pikey but I'd prefer if I got a destruction certificate so I know nothing dodgy will happen later on.
Thanks given by:
Just get pikeys to take it and send logbook to dvla. I have just done 3 of mine that way
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
tried local skip hire places a couple round my area offer to take it away for £80 a ton they weight you get cash and certificate of destruction.
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You will have trouble getting someone with a HIAB to come and lift it as theres no value to it as theres no weight, about £20-30 topps. If your inside the LEZ i wouldnt even bother trying as youll have to pay their day rate on top of the fuel and itll cost a fortune.

A flat bed with a tilting bed and a winch will lift it without dragging across the floor.

Or make a small trolley out of 2x4 and some castors and you can roll it about.

Or 6 people can lift a 306 shell onto a transit (probably 3 or 4 if theyer really strong).

Worst comes to the worst Im itching to give my 9" grinder a proper test so ill cut it into pieces and you can take it to the scrappers individually.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 02:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You will have trouble getting someone with a HIAB to come and lift it as theres no value to it as theres no weight, about £20-30 topps. If your inside the LEZ i wouldnt even bother trying as youll have to pay their day rate on top of the fuel and itll cost a fortune.

A flat bed with a tilting bed and a winch will lift it without dragging across the floor.

Or 6 people can lift a 306 shell onto a transit (probably 3 or 4 if theyer really strong).

Worst comes to the worst Im itching to give my 9" grinder a proper test so ill cut it into pieces and you can take it to the scrappers individually.
3 of us lifted my '6 onto a tipper but we did struggle abit and I did get caught in the arch and ripped a hole in my back Sad

Easier just to cut it to pieces and take it yourself save yourself the hastle
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Most scrappys seem to take them for free. The one I used had to drive about 20 miles each way so probs used more fuel than they earnt in scrap from it lol.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 12:57 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Just get pikeys to take it and send logbook to dvla. I have just done 3 of mine that way

What did you write on it? I've looked at the scrap parts of it and it's for dismantlers, etc

Although the idea we've had we might have solved that, read below...

(21-02-2013, 02:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You will have trouble getting someone with a HIAB to come and lift it as theres no value to it as theres no weight, about £20-30 topps. If your inside the LEZ i wouldnt even bother trying as youll have to pay their day rate on top of the fuel and itll cost a fortune.

You make a good point about the LEZ. After posting this thread I went out to a few yards, best I could find was someone to take it away but wouldn't give me anything for it.

After speaking to my dad we're going to cut it up, your grinder suggestion gave us the idea. Borrowing one from dads mate, I'll unbolt as many panels as possible then we'll cut it up.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looms scrappers. derby. kingy 37 9,708 18-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Happy kent! kentiiboii 7 2,450 02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
Sad Need help with car problems (North of London, Bucks) Bengley 34 7,647 18-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Kwik