rear drum bearing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear drum bearing
Just woundering does anyone know if this is the right bearing for the drum that holds the bearing init? if you get what i mean?....

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Pe...4a9&000370
Thanks given by:
Ive got one sat in the shed if you want it?
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
how much you want pal?
Thanks given by:
Erm dunno mate pm me an offer
Bought it ages ago for the sedan but scrapped it before I could be bothered to fix it
Thanks given by:
will pm you, btw is that one the right one in the link? im probably going to do both sides eventually just as good mesure
Thanks given by:
It looks like it to me mate, never done one on the back like I said I scrapped it before I did it! Lol
Thanks given by:
from what ive come across so far its simple, so when i swap the drums over im just going to do the bearings aswell. one of my drums has got that rusted that its causing a terrible noise -_-
Thanks given by:
They'll need pressed in lad. Plus they're only a few quid from a motor factors. Take them to an engineering place to be pressed in, not a mechanics!!!!
Thanks given by:
Most garages have a press for bearings and stuff. My local charged a fiver to remove and replace the bearings in the drums on my 1.4 after I'd taken the drums off.
Thanks given by:
Ill be taking them to uni to press them in, got all the necessary equiptment there, but are they the right bearings? if so ill get some ordered
Thanks given by:
They look like the right ones....

Only thing you have to be careful with is the circlip size. Mine came with big circlips (as the bearings are used in other cars/models) but this stoped the 'load plate' thing going back on lol. Not sure whether or not ph2 use the same system, but if they do, make sure you keep your old circlips. Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the help, will rember to keep my old circlips Smile
Thanks given by:
Rear drum bearings; are they not just heald with circlips (or so my local garage told me) and thought the fronts needed pressing.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That kit worked for me on the 1.6
Easy to get out destroy the old bearing out with a hammer and screwdriver. getting them in, mine needed 30 tones of force to get them in.

Buy a good set of cir-clip pliers and never re-use the hub nuts or the circlips.

The kit has all you need bar grease.

Get the hubs off, need some pulling as they corrode on and take them to a local garage.paid tenner for two to be pressed in.
Remember that the hub nut is a 21 or 22mm and has to be notched in or out of place with a hammer and screw driver to be removed or tightened.

I think it's best to do these in pairs as your there and the car will be off the road.

(22-02-2013, 10:17 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Rear drum bearings; are they not just heald with circlips (or so my local garage told me) and thought the fronts needed pressing.

Nope the rears are pressed.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Disk Wheel Bearing daveylennon93 21 6,839 06-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Rear wheel bearing HDI? MY95 9 2,400 24-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Rear drum / hub torque setting firemoth 4 976 19-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset