Laptop battery replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop battery replacement
Quick opinion / experience-based question..

Replacing the battery in my ancient G61 HP laptop, do I go for a genuine HP replacement @£33 or get one of the many advertised online for around half this price?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
get the genuine one. Some laptops will complain about non genuine ones and normally the cheap ones dont last long at all! For £33 thats pretty good going anyway!

After replacing the battery in our sony vaio the battery level indicator is always all over the place and it doesnt last long at all! About an hour if youre lucky! That was a genuine one and it was rubbish.

On the other hand i bought a 9 cell massive battery for my NC10 netbook and its brilliant and combined with a SSD i get about 8 hours of battery life! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Genuine all day long especially if its only that much.
Problem with pattern ones is they might not stand up to the correct voltages which could do some really odd things and the computer may not run right at all.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its the same story with laptop chargers too. Always get genuine. Some chargers just have resistors in boxes. I know that there were loads of fake gameboy chargers back in the day that were sold at holiday resorts and some kids died Sad
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help guys.

Basically this problem has come up because the Mrs left the damn thing on standby for a week plugged in, then unplugged it, then plugged it in again.

Well I'm blaming her anyway since it was fine beforehand!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Bought a ebay double capacitiy one for cheap, does last alot longer and props the computer up to help with heat.
Though using batterymon showed it wasnt li-ion like it was advertised was ni-cad or something.
anyway in short its been perfectly fine
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
have you bought one now then CAR?
Thanks given by:
Well no...!

The battery seems ok now :/ the warning has gone away and it stayed charged for about 5 hours which is pretty good going, so I think it just had a hissy fit and is alright now? Who knows!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement Laptop Battery Toms306 14 1,961 20-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Last Post: procta